Skip to content

Invisible Stalker spell

Help me understand this spell because I find it useless.

Unlike other summons, elementals, monsters, animals, it doesn't seem to do anything. There's a black shadow on the floor and I can make it move toward wherever I want it to go, bit other than that I don't see it do anything. It has no 'green circle' under it like other summons. If I summon, for example, an Aerial Servant, I can get it in position and it does its thing like other summons' do.

Seems this should be a cool spell - it surely causes me a pain when enemy mages use it.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks, CT

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    That sounds like it might be a bug, or maybe a mod conflict. Invisible Stalkers can and do attack in combat (and they do pretty good damage too), and I believe they also get defensive bonuses thanks to their invisibility.
    ThacoBellCharlestonianTemplargorgonzola
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I second, that spell is not functioning properly on your install for some reason. Are you using any mods?
    CharlestonianTemplar
  • Thanks @Zaxares and @ThacoBell

This is the way it's always acted on BG2EE, even if I reinstall.

Possibly a mod conflict because I have DO a few installed like . . .

Ascension v2.0.14; Oversight v14.0; Imoen Is Stone v1-0; NPC Strongholds v8; BG2 Alternate Soundtrack v1; Wheels of Prophecy v8.3; Vampire Tales v105; Plane Touched Races; Ajantis for BG2, v20; Amber v5; Angelo; Auren Asaph; Beaurin Legacy; Calin ; Evandra; Gavin for BG2; Haldimir; Sarah; Tyris Flare; Affaq; Ashar; Adrian; Arath; Fade; Isra; Iylos; Ninde; Nephele; Pai-Na; Sirine; Tashia; Xulaye; Yikari; Kelsey; Keto; Tsujatha; Saerileth; Yasraena; Faren; Infinity Collection Portrait Pack v1 (G3); Crossmod Banter Pack; NPC Tweaks; NPC Kitpack; NPC Strongholds; Romantic Encounters BG2; Yoshimo’s Remorse; D’Arnise Romance; Distinguishable Clubs; Wizard Slayer Rebalancing; Faerunian Monastic Orders; Geomantic Sorcerer; I hate Undead Kitpack; Song and Silence; Sword and Fist; Rogue Rebalancing; Deities of Faerun; Divine Remix; BG2 Unfinished Business; BG2 Fixpack; P&P Celestials; Item Randomizer; Sword Coast Stratagems; Tweaks Anthology; aTweaks

:wink:

I figured the IS would be a little bad-ass, but ain't no way I could figure out where a mod conflict might be coming from. :neutral:

Thanks again. CT
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I think it's caused by aTweaks. The invisible stalker might be wearing an item that removes its foot circle. Open NearInfinity, find the invisible stalker summon's creature file, look at any items it's wearing, and remove the offending property if it's there.
    CharlestonianTemplargorgonzola
  • Flashburn wrote: »
    I think it's caused by aTweaks. The invisible stalker might be wearing an item that removes its foot circle. Open NearInfinity, find the invisible stalker summon's creature file, look at any items it's wearing, and remove the offending property if it's there.

Hey wow! Thank you.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    invisible stalkers ( in the unmodded game at least ) are the ultimate mind flayer killers, even better than skellies, since invisible stalkers have way better AC and are also immune to all mind flayer shenanigans and they can also hit pretty hard at times as well
    ThacoBellCharlestonianTemplargorgonzola
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    invisible stalkers ( in the unmodded game at least ) are the ultimate mind flayer killers, even better than skellies, since invisible stalkers have way better AC and are also immune to all mind flayer shenanigans and they can also hit pretty hard at times as well

Really? I usually use Mordenkainen's Swords for all my illithid-slaying needs. ;)
    CharlestonianTemplar
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262

I think they can still get the intelligence drain though...
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Yes, stalkers are vulnerable to intelligence drain.

If you want immunity to the brain-sucking as well as all psionics, it's shaman spirits or magical swords.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Tresset wrote: »

I think they can still get the intelligence drain though...

that may be true, but the mind flayers still have TO HIT first, and they can only do that on nat 20s if im not mistaken