Skip to content

This is about Xan

I got Xan the first time I rescued him in the caves and since then every time he levels up so far his hit points don't go up. He is level 5.

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    How many HP has he got now at level 5?

Do you have any mods installed?
    Settings? Max HP at level up, or not? Mages only get 1d4 HP per level, so without max HP at level up, he might have gained only one HP per level.
    Or are you sure he literally gained not a single HP?
    JuliusBorisov
  • megaman12megaman12 Member Posts: 35
    Xan currently has 18 hp. I used the BG Leveled Spawn Mod 0.6 off and on. Insane difficulty level. Max HP at level up? He might of been 16 or 17 once but I highly doubt it.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    This is impossible to tell without a screenshot of the lvl up screen.
    edited November 2020
    18 HP at level 5 could be correct if you don't have max HP at level up enabled in the game options. I don't remember Xan's stats, but I know his constitution is very low, so no bonus, that means even with maximum HP at level up he'd have only 20 HP at level 5.

Sorry if I'm telling you things you already know, but just in case: Max HP at level up is enabled or disabled in the game options where you can choose weather, gore, rest until healed and such. You might want to see if it's checked or not.

Edited to clarify: I don't mean to convince you to enable maximum HP at level up instead of accepting the dice role. I'm only saying this so that you can find out if there's something wrong with your game or not.
    Xan's health is freakishly low as a rule.
    megaman12JuliusBorisov
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Judging by that hit point total, he definitely didn't have any no-HP levels. Maximum HP through level 4 would have been 16, and then 18 comes from rolling a 2 on the level 5 gain. Except Xan starts at level 2 with 7 HP, so he's actually at 18 out of 19 maximum. He rolled a perfect 4 HP on two of the three level-ups, and 3 on the third.

At "normal" and lower difficulties, you get maximum HP even without the option Arvia mentioned. At Insane, it's rolled HP unless you check that box. Rolled hit points for a mage with no Con modifier average 3.125 per level, so you're slightly ahead of that curve.
    Pokotamegaman12JuliusBorisovArvia
    jmerry wrote: »
    Judging by that hit point total, he definitely didn't have any no-HP levels. Maximum HP through level 4 would have been 16, and then 18 comes from rolling a 2 on the level 5 gain. Except Xan starts at level 2 with 7 HP, so he's actually at 18 out of 19 maximum. He rolled a perfect 4 HP on two of the three level-ups, and 3 on the third.

At "normal" and lower difficulties, you get maximum HP even without the option Arvia mentioned. At Insane, it's rolled HP unless you check that box. Rolled hit points for a mage with no Con modifier average 3.125 per level, so you're slightly ahead of that curve.

Right, I forgot he has only 7 HP when you find him, my mistake.