Skip to content

2.6 patch

Is there an estimated ETA for the 2.6 patch? I am super excited for it!

Comments

• ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    They don't usually give an ETA until it's pretty much set in stone, but it's in open beta right now, so it's coming along.
  • shaddo912shaddo912 Member Posts: 2
    Chronicler wrote: »
    They don't usually give an ETA until it's pretty much set in stone, but it's in open beta right now, so it's coming along.

:/ IDK whether to install BG1 and start to play or wait for the update.....I wish they would say something like "we are shooting for quarter ____ of year 20___ " or something. I mean that's not to much to ask for. I really don't want to get past the mines and then there is a patch that would require me to start all over cause I want to play with all the fixes and updates...Especially for BG2 I never played it past the first 10min. Thanks for the response!
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    I suspect the patch is going to take some time. Certainly longer than it will take you to finish the Nashkel mines. And, as is always the case with the Infinity Engine, fixing some things is likely to break others; there’s no guarantee that 2.6 won’t cause problems that are more bothersome to you than the issues with 2.5. I suggest you just play and have fun now.

Personally, I’m going to be waiting quite a while after 2.6 comes out before trying it. In addition to possible new bugs, there’s the possibility that mods might not work properly, and it will take time for them to be updated.