Skip to content

Viconia romance variables?

Does anyone have a list of all of the needed local or global variables as of 2.3 for the romance to begin? I can't get it to start for some reason (am using Tweaks Anthology romance cheats if that matters, so all races are possible). Other posts with this info are dated or confusing.

Comments

• AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,014
    edited October 2017
    I found what I was looking for using EE Keeper:

Globals:
    CHECKVICONIAMATCH 1
    VICONIAMATCH 1
    VICONIAROMANCE 1
    VICONIAROMANCEACTIVE 1

Local:
    LOVETALK 1
    JuliusBorisov
  • BrookerHGBrookerHG Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone figured out how the variables should work for Viconia? I started the romance as I've not got all the way through to ToB with her before but even though everything is set to 1 and Viconiaromance is somewhere in the 300k region the Local Lovetalk is stuck at 5 and I can't get further than the farmer story.
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    BrookerHG said:

Has anyone figured out how the variables should work for Viconia? I started the romance as I've not got all the way through to ToB with her before but even though everything is set to 1 and Viconiaromance is somewhere in the 300k region the Local Lovetalk is stuck at 5 and I can't get further than the farmer story.

I've noticed that sometimes the 1st dialogue takes forever to happen regardless of what the various flags are.

C:SetGlobal("ViconiaRomance","Global",1)

that should advance the romance with the next dialogue, but ONLY if the 1st dialogue has happened and any situational variables have been met. Some steps require you to have slept, be in a particular zone etc, so if no new dialogue triggers when you use the command then that particular stage of the romance has additional requirements.

An example would be switching the name to Jaheira and nothing happening, J's romance has several steps that require you to have rested with her in the party, or be in a Wilderness zone, the romance will not be forced forward via the command unless you have met these other requirements.
    Aerakar
  • ensbanaensbana Member Posts: 80
    edited November 2020
    I’m having trouble with getting Viconia romance to start (again). When I first recruited her there was some flirting back and forth. But then Jaheira rejoined my party and also initiated conversation. I replied politely, but since then Viconia started to clam up, even when Jaheira later left my party. In fact, the NPCs now rarely talk to me, even though they still talk to each other sometimes.

I tried to set Viconia’s variables using EEKeeper, as per the post below, but it’s not helping. Anyone has any idea what’s wrong?
    Aerakar wrote: »
    I found what I was looking for using EE Keeper:

Globals:
    CHECKVICONIAMATCH 1
    VICONIAMATCH 1
    VICONIAROMANCE 1
    VICONIAROMANCEACTIVE 1

Local:
    LOVETALK 1

Not sure if this is the issue, but there could be (possibly) a location issue for some of earlier love talks to fire.

Also, did you change via console? If yes, check the spelling and structure of the commmande, i.e. C:SetGlobal("ViconiaRomance","Global",1).
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Most of Viconia's talks trigger in any non-dungeon area after a standard one-hour real-time wait, if you're not in combat. You need to go about twenty talks in before any additional conditions come up - that one's a rest dialogue.

The meaning of the variables here:
    - If the player character ever meets the race/gender conditions to be eligible for Viconia's romance, the game sets the CheckViconiaMatch and ViconiaMatch variables to 1. The first tells the game not to do this initialization again, while the second is what's actually tested in progressing the romance. You do not need to match those race/gender conditions for the talks; your romance will progress just fine even if a wild mage turns you female.
    - ViconiaRomance is a timer variable. It runs on real time, and will always be some big number. Advance the clock past that, and the next thing happens. If you set it to something small like 1, that just tells the game to make the next thing happen right away.
    - ViconiaRomanceActive tracks the state of the romance. 0 if you've never started one with her, 1 for active, 2 for committed, 3 for broken.
    - LoveTalk tracks which dialogue you're on. Generally, this increments by 2 per talk.

All of these variable names and roles are standard conventions for the four romances in original BG2. Replace "Viconia" by "Aerie", "Anomen", or "Jaheira", and you have the variables for that romance.
    JuliusBorisovAerakarensbana
  • ensbanaensbana Member Posts: 80
    Aerakar wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the issue, but there could be (possibly) a location issue for some of earlier love talks to fire.

Also, did you change via console? If yes, check the spelling and structure of the commmande, i.e. C:SetGlobal("ViconiaRomance","Global",1).

Is there any way to fix that love talk issue?
    You could try via console to change the number and see if it then progresses. @jmerry may be able to explain the technicalities.