Skip to content

Road to 2.6 | Can you Launch & Save games in the Siege of Dragonspear 2.6.0.4 Beta on Steam?

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited December 2020 in The Road to 2.6
Greetings Friends,

Work continues on multiplayer compatibility in the BG:EE 2.6 Beta, and public testing for BGII:EE is still ongoing. Today, we're inviting you to help us test Siege of Dragonspear! Can you successfully Launch & Save the 2.6 Beta for BG:SOD?

Test Objective: Launch & Save the Siege of Dragonspear 2.6.0.4 Beta on Steam

How to opt-in and verify in-game you're running the correct version:
  • In your Steam Library, Right-Click Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and choose “Properties”
  • Click on the Beta Tab
  • Choose the road_to_2.6 in the drop down menu
  • If you don't see the road_to_2.6 in the drop down menu, please restart Steam
  • In-game, on the main menu, you will see that the build is 2.6.0.4

How to Participate:
Please fill out the survey below and confirm whether you can complete the following three actions in the Siege of Dragonspear beta on Steam:
  • Download the Beta
  • From your Steam Library, Right-Click on BGEE > Choose Properties from the drop down list > Choose the "Betas" Tab > Choose the road_to_2.6 - Road to 2.6 from the drop down list.
  • Launch the Beta
  • Pick the Siege of Dragonspear campaign on the main menu
  • Save games in the Beta

Remember the Ground Rules:
  • Back up your save games!
  • Don't test too much. While you're free to explore the whole game, please focus on the objective. Once you hit the objective or a major bug, report your feedback and stop playing the beta for now. We'll be back with more test objectives that we hope you'll take on in the future

Once we have confirmation from enough players—and can confirm there are no blocking issues— we'll move onto the next test objectives!

Testing Status:
  • 11/10 Windows Players (Done!)
  • 5/3 macOS Players (Done!)
  • 4/3 Linux Players (Done!)

You can check out the 2.6 Patch List here for more details on what the full release will look like.
  1. Road to 2.6 | Can you Launch & Save games in the Siege of Dragonspear 2.6.0.4 Beta on Steam?23 votes
    1. Windows | I have downloaded and started Siege of Dragonspear. Save games and quick saves work as expected.
      60.87%
    2. macOS | I have downloaded and started Siege of Dragonspear. Save games and quick saves work as expected.
      21.74%
    3. Linux | I have downloaded and started Siege of Dragonspear. Save games and quick saves work as expected.
      17.39%
    4. I was unable to get the start screen (please explain).
        0.00%
    5. I was able to start the game, but there is an issue with save games (please explain).
        0.00%
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
Arvia

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Works without problems. I don't suppose the patch will change Safana's annoying voice? ;)
    Proont
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Arvia wrote: »
    Works without problems. I don't suppose the patch will change Safana's annoying voice? ;)

Well, Beamdog couldn't find the original VO actress during the SoD development. I personally think Stephanie Wolfe did a really good job at delivering Safana's personality through voice.
    Arvia
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    edited December 2020
    Arvia wrote: »

Well, Beamdog couldn't find the original VO actress during the SoD development. I personally think Stephanie Wolfe did a really good job at delivering Safana's personality through voice.

Wasn't criticizing the VO actress, sorry if that's how it came across. Safana was the first one commenting when I started running the game, and it reminded me why I didn't like her. If you can dislike an NPC's personality, it means they're well done. Like Anomen, for example.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    On Windows 10. Game version 2.6.0.4.

Creating a new character, starting the game, saving, loading, quicksaving and quickloading all works, except for one little glitch:

When choosing the character's voice, the preview button is called "PLAY__GAME__BUTTON", which seems a rather peculiar name.
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    It all works fine in SoD as well.

There's something really odd going on with Class names though.. for some reason some of them are localized to Norwegian.

Thief = Tyv
    Ranger = Ferdamann
    Druid = Druide
    Sorcerer = Trollmann
    Cavalier = Ordensridder..

List goes on with really weird, yet accurate, translations.

But Fighter is still Fighter and many others are also intact.. and shaman is "Placeholder"

I figured i'd just overlook it since it's beta, but i figured i should at least mention it.

Halv-Ork.. the other races seem fine.

I've not seen this with anything but races and classes so far.
  • ProontProont Member Posts: 141
    Saves and Quick Saves are working on my Windows 7 computer.
    JuliusBorisov
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Everything works fine.
    JuliusBorisov
  • jaypeejaypee Member Posts: 47
    No problems on my Win10 laptop
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Thels and @Khyron I can't repro your issues. Are you sure you are using an unmodded, clean install, with no "remnant" files in overrides from your previous installations?
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Actually, now that you mention it, @Pecca wanted me to test something, so I had an UI.menu in there from earlier in this beta. Deleting that UI.menu fixed the issue. Sorry for the mis-report. :(
    JuliusBorisov
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    I have no mods that I'm aware of, but I will check just to be sure. I'll do a hard reset by deleting all files and folders, then have steam revalidate all files
    JuliusBorisov
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    @JuliusBorisov I submitted a ticket with support a couple weeks ago (December 3rd) requesting steam keys for SoD, BG2EE, and IWDEE so that I may participate in the 2.6 Beta for those games, but haven't heard back. I originally bought the games from Beamdog. Ticket number is BGCS-2278. Is that something you can check on?
    JuliusBorisovPokota
This discussion has been closed.