Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    32K XP is the last threshold for boosting recruited party members in BGEE; any farther than that, and they'll fall behind you.
    You had at least 18K before hunting basilisks. The fixed enemies in that area (basilisks, Mutamin, adventurers) are worth more than 28K.

Yes, it's time to recruit a party. They'll already be at least 15K experience behind you until the cap comes into play.
    EnuhalWise_Grimwald
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    jmerry wrote: »
    32K XP is the last threshold for boosting recruited party members in BGEE; any farther than that, and they'll fall behind you.
    You had at least 18K before hunting basilisks. The fixed enemies in that area (basilisks, Mutamin, adventurers) are worth more than 28K.

Yes, it's time to recruit a party. They'll already be at least 15K experience behind you until the cap comes into play.

Baeloth is the exception. He's only recruitable once the main character has reached level 5 (at 10k XP for a Thief or Bard), and will always be level 6 (40k XP) when you recruit him.

Also if you're playing with SCS Improved NPC customisation and management, NPCs will join at level zero, can then be customised in terms of class/kit, and will level up until they reach about the same amount of XP as the main character, with no maximum amount of joining XP. And if you kick an NPC out and re-recruit them, they will again start levelling up to about your character's level. I thought this might be worth noting since many players in this thread play with full SCS installs.
    Personally I play without this component (and use EEKeeper if I want to customise an NPC), because having to deal with lower level NPCs if you make late changes to the party is part of the game to me.
    EnuhalGrond0Wise_Grimwald
  • EnuhalEnuhal Member Posts: 920
    Yeah, I'm playing with a full SCS install, including the improved NPC customization, though I haven't made extensive use of its full possibilities in previous runs. Until now, I didn't even know that I could change classes/kits with this option (just checked the readme to figure out how that actually works). Not sure how much use I'll make of this, though the possibility of swapping party members without heavy XP penalities could result in a more dynamic playthrough with a more flexible party setup. Also turns NPCs you only can get later on into much more attractive options in BG1.

This does mean that I don't have to worry about the 32k cap, though (I'm at 50k right now) - so it's mostly a matter of what content I feel comfortable enough with to solo. I'll propably be a bit more cautious and try to avoid anything that could hit me with crowd control spells (unless I'm relatively sure a single 2*backstab would be enough to kill it) or hit me at range for high damage. Could get the Greenstone Amulet and use a bunch of charges, but the short duration can still make things a bit dangerous, and I'm not that experienced with solo play, especially not with SCS.
    Grond0BlackravenWise_Grimwald
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @Grond0 Sounds like a short life challenge today. :'(
    Aerakar
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Looks like fun doing such fast runs. I should do a speed run again for bgee and sod during the holidays. I will think of a concept for it, maybe record it.

I'm still in the midst of my noreload improved anvil with real careful progress but I will only update after I succeed or die because it takes so long to progress.
    BlackravenEnuhalWise_Grimwald
    @Grond0 Hard luck. :'(
    Grond0
    What an ending!
    Wise_Grimwald
    @Grond0 The Sword Coast is a dangerous place.
    Grond0semiticgoddess
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    edited December 2020
    Looking at Dave's script ... that Hold Person and Monster Summoning III use a "SpellNoDec" command rather than a simple "Spell". He doesn't even have an instance of MS3 memorized. I wonder if that command cheats the spell failure chance as well as memorization?
    Post edited by jmerry on
    Grond0
    Spellnodec is subject to interruption but does not require memorization.
    Forcespell is the one that is uninterruptable and does not require memorization.
    Grond0semiticgoddess
    edited December 2020
    Journal of Michaerla the Mighty and friends

After beating the dopplegangers in the ducal palace we enlisted Neera and took her to find Adoy who gave her a belt. We then went shopping and rapidly ran out of gold as she was in need of a robe of the neutral archmage. We are therefore hunting ankhegs to boost our gold supply. Safana is nearly at the experience cap but Neera still hasn't got much experience. When Safana reaches the cap we will probably seek out Sarevok.
    4sbipohr1va7.jpg
    Ankhegs don't hurt us since I have kept Neera invisible and cast Spirit Armour on Safana. The armour injures her but to a trivial extent.

Neera died three times getting to the final battle, but by going up a level she now has stoneskin, a big bonus.
    We have sold all surplus equipment in order to buy decent ammunition both for the final battle against Sarevok and for beyond. Now only a few gold pieces left.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    EnuhalBlackravenAerakarMantis37