Skip to content

Frequency of banters.

I'm in ToB and about to go teach Abazigal a thing or two about humility after having given Sendai the same lesson. Currently I've had a couple of lovetalks with Jaheira, all the while Anomen and Sarevok have bitched a bit at each other once.

That's it. Now, I'm a bit curious, and yes, I'm fully aware of how CTRL+I works, but shouldn't these things sort of play out more frequently? I've left the game paused for hours several times and rested God only knows how many times, and nothing triggers.

Officially, that is. Imoen and Anomen had their banter about the Order early on around my time in Saradush, but I reloaded right after that, You'd then think that they'd have that conversation soon, seeing that I reloaded right after it, but here we are.

What's really the deal with that? I'm not exactly gonna lose sleep by not turning Sarevok good or the like, but still?
Blackbɨrd

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    hmm weird, do you have any mods installed?

i just played ToB and my team was going banana sandwich with banters, my team consists of;

charname
    mazzy
    valygar
    aerie
    jan
    nalia

and everyone was talking with everybody quite a bit and i have no mods installed

so maybe you just dont have the right team composition for it?
  • VerticorVerticor Member Posts: 119
    Well, I have one mod installed. "Convenient EE NPCs". I consider it mandatory. Beyond that, no. Besides, I don't figure that the non-existance of EE NPCs would influence the banter between the original NPCs.

I have Imoen, Minsc, Jaheira, Anomen and Sarevok.
    hmm, i wonder if that mod is messing things up?

today i was in sendai's enclave and just in the room where the slave master dude is where he spawns in infinite baddies until you take him out, while i was picking up items, my party had 3 different banters just in the one room
    Hmm. Well, I'm definitely not getting rid of that mod.
    sarevok57
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    that mod has nothing to do with banters. the default banter timer probability is just really small in the ee. like every minute it has a small percent chance of fire. and the default timers in tob seem to be very wonky even with an accelerator so best to use ctrl i.
    Yeah, I figured as much myself. I went full retard with that right after destroying The Ravager, and I was flooded with banter. And here I thought the banter frequency in the original was a pain.

I guess it got put way down on the to-do list, when they enhanced it. Who knows, maybe they'll get around to fix it at some time. Patch 2.8 in 2035, perhaps?
    they already changed it. banters used to go off every 2 hours. now it's like every minute with a 10% chance to go off.
    sarevok57
    *shrug*

I just completed a run. 30 days from the start to finish of ToB. 4 banters.
    Hell, I even had the game paused in the Pocket Plane several times overnight.
    Nothing happened.

I suppose I had a shitty RNG in regards to banters then.
    iosfrustration
  • iosfrustrationiosfrustration Member Posts: 153
    Same story here, banters have dropped off to almost zero in my last few few games. 30-40 hours of playing time - 3-4 banters.
    An ideal application on Bhalls (black) razor. Never attribute to RNG that which can be adequately explained by a bug
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    I find banters in TOB don't trigger that often. Perhaps that's because TOB is significantly shorter than the whole of SOA?
    ThacoBelliosfrustration
    tob having less banters then soa might also be a factor.
    ThacoBelliosfrustrationBlackbɨrd
    that is weird, that one play through i had, i only played ToB for like 8-10 hours and finished absolutely everything up to abizigal and i had so many banters it was almost getting annoying for how talkative the team was

perhaps the team you have just aren't that talkative with each other?

also what frame rate are you running at? maybe my higher frame rate is contributing to higher banter frequency?
    I'm at max.
    sarevok57
    im in ToB again with a different team, infact its pretty close to the one you have and the banters this time are way, way lower, i think maybe throughout all of ToB so far i've only got around 4 ( im in level 3 of watchers keep and storyline wise i need to go to the oasis to continue on )
    Blackbɨrd