Skip to content

Hexxat/Neera quest bug still in TOB?

Happy New Year to you all. Was wondering if the above conflict can still occur in TOB, or if it was fixed?

The reason being I want to replace Hexxat with Neera after Hexxat’s quests are completed...thanks!

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    What quest bug is that, specifically? I was able to do both Neera and Hexxat's quests in ToB, but I don't remember in which order I did them or if that made any difference.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    Hi, it’s the one described on this page (in the TOB section) here:

https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Hexxat's_request

Namely:

“ There's a possible glitch which causes Destroying the Order of Eight Staves to fail
    to trigger after this part of the quest. Do Neera's quest before Hexxat's to avoid the
    bug.”

• BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    Happy New year!
    Dharius wrote: »
    Namely:

“ There's a possible glitch which causes Destroying the Order of Eight Staves to fail
    to trigger after this part of the quest. Do Neera's quest before Hexxat's to avoid the
    bug.”
    I would advise you to stay on the safe side and do what's recommended. No harm in doing Hexxat's quest second. Of course if you insist on doing Hexxat's first, then I don't think there will be a problem. It's only a 'possible' glitch. So it should be fine. Have fun :)
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I personally wouldn't worry about it. This bug apparently existed prior to v2.5 (based on the date that warning was posted (March of 2018)) and since then there have been 2 patches released for the game (2.5 and 2.6 (though 2.6 is still in beta)). I did some looking based on what people were saying on the wiki about this bug, and was unable to find anything that would cause any such issues. From what I have heard, the BG wiki isn't all that well maintained, so information there could very well be dated.

Regardless, should you run into any issues with this whatsoever based on my advice, just contact me loudly and I will be happy to fix things for you.
    Heheheh. Thanks chaps :) I’ll do Hexxat first and see...decent thieves are hard to come by after all...
    Just finished Hexxat’s quest, I let L ‘kill’ her, because it’s what she wanted, and frankly she is monstrous, by her own admission.

Just got Neera and her quest seems to be running well so far, so those accounts of bugs on the net appear to be outdated, or at least very rare.

Thanks for the advice!