Skip to content

Torment: Bug(s) and Spoilers

Hey, mods. Asa B.M. here with another bug, maybe two.

So, I just finished my first run of Planescape: Torment. In the last area, a couple things stood out to me. Spoilers below.

First of all, I did not get a scene with the Transcendent One and Morte. Everyone else in my party (Dak'kon, Grace, and Annah) got a one-on-one scene with him, but not Morte. However, I would not be surprised if, rather than a bug, this was due to a missed requisite, as I had had some pretty in-depth conversations with the others recently.

Second, each character's respective theme song played in these scenes. Cool and all, but their themes each played the first few seconds over 2-3 times before getting on with it. Not a big deal, but slightly annoying. Also, one of the Transcendent One's lines to Grace was cut off: he said "YOU ARE N-" before starting his next thought.

That's all.

Comments

• mosmos Member Posts: 26
    1) There isn't supposed to be one? Morte's not dead anyway... more than he already is.
    2) Don't recall the music glitches, but the TTO line indeed cuts off. I think it sort of overlaps with the next one, might be a bug in the original.
  • AsaBMAsaBM Member Posts: 84
    Oh, I totally didn't think of that for Morte. Makes perfect sense.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Regarding #1, yeah, Morte is actually just playing dead when you finally confront TTO. (But he doesn't get up and help you, the coward! :P) If you try to use your Raise Dead ability on him (either when you bluff the TTO into leaving temporarily or after the situation is resolved), Morte pops back up and reveals he was just playing dead all along.
  • BesterBester Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2021
    In the fortress of regrets, starting a scene with companions doesn't pause the main game and shadows keep attacking you for a couple of seconds and they can kill you, aborting the scene.

But with Nordom, the game just flat out doesn't pause. And the shadows ALWAYS kill you. Making the game unfinishable. I had to turn on Debug Mode and CTRL+Y all shadows just to be able to go through the scene.

I don't know how to report it, though.

Another important bug is that at one point, all areas I've visited previously got reset (which was immediately noticeable by the fog of war). It resulted in a copy of Ignus and Fall-From-Grace in their locations (while I had them in my party, as well), and probably a few other things. I just avoided those areas entirely. I don't know how to reproduce it.