Skip to content

MacOS WeiDu Launcher: easy mod installation on Macs!

1234568»

Comments

• LookToWindwardLookToWindward Member Posts: 179
    Who is the author/maintainer of this AppleScript?

I've been looking at the Script Source and would like to contribute. I have a LOT of AppleScript experience and would like to make it a GUI app that allows more control of the process and is easier to see what is going on.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
  • SydneyEditorSydneyEditor Member Posts: 1
    I have to say, trying to install WeiDU and mods has made me feel not very smart. No matter how many tutorials I read. I just can't get it to work on my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
  • KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    After a few years I got back into playing BGEE again, and since I'm on a Mac nowadays this tool has helped me greatly in installing the mods I wanted. (was having some various technical difficulties before)

So kudos. Still relevant and working in 2021 on Big Sur.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    I have to say, trying to install WeiDU and mods has made me feel not very smart. No matter how many tutorials I read. I just can't get it to work on my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

Big same. I try off and on every few years. Never can get it to work.
  • CamiloCamilo Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2023
    Hi, could anyone help me? I'm trying to install the "Icewind Dale NPCs" mod from https://www.pocketplane.net/icewind-dale-npcs/ in IWD:EE running on MacOS Monterey through steam but can't do it. I've tried a lot of things but none helped.

I'm using the WDL in the Contents/Resources folder. I run WDL and I get a notification (picture attached) that mwl.command cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer. I can bypass this by right-clicking the WDL app and going to the accessing the Resources content and launching the mwl.command shell directly. It brings up the expected questions for installing the mod but I keep getting errors (attached pictures and also the iwdnpc.debug file).

I'm stuck and I don't know how else to continue. If I keep trying "I (install)" I keep getting the second error warning.
    Any advices? Solutions? I also tried weidu directly but I get a notification that directory does not exist and can't get past that.

Thanks in advance.

bgxll20nmxxg.png
    to9i1oidkjpd.png
    isry7ehm13p7.png
    msi86lsmed3e.png