Skip to content

Most entertaining NPC in BG1?

13»

Comments

• KolonKuKolonKu Member Posts: 87
    edited October 2012
    AHF said:

If the idea is that I don't associate with morons...

I said I don't associate myself with imbeciles...

You don't associate yourself with inbeciles and morons?! Then you should never have joined this forum.

Jokes aside, it would be more understandable if you merely dislike his dialogue or personality without trying to connect it with your real-world preferences. The owners of miniature giant hamsters from space are probably locked in tight as it stands.

• JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    @KolonKu

You ... you Fassbendered me ...

you win.
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    @Quartz and @Brude

Khalid (although not a favourite of mine) is the best bog-standard single class Fighter in BG1 when it comes to a side-by-side comparison of stats. Give him a strength enhancing item and he becomes unrivalled with the best physical stat total. Yeah you could say if you put the bracers of strength on any other Fighter they too will dominate - not necessarily true. For example Minsc, Kivan, Shar-Teel, Ajantis and Kagain wouldn't really benefit from a bonus to strength, the first three it would actually lower their strength! Kagain would possibly benefit, but Kagain requires the bracers of dexterity, which are a sought after item for a lot of NPCs (Yeslick, Edwin, Eldoth, Jaheira, Dynaheir, Ajantis etc).

If Tutu-ing, Khalid becomes particularly dangerous when dual-wielding, suppose you could say that for a lot of the Fighter NPCs, but his high dexterity and constitution help him from taking any substantial damage. But in the end, it's very close as each Fighter NPC have their own bonuses and pitfalls, Shar-Teel for example doesn't receive any bonus hit points, but in the grand scheme of things, that really doesn't matter, a lot of short slighted people can't see past that. I suppose it's all about personal preference.
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    I'm gonna have to say Xan. I find his constant cynicism and doomsaying rather endearing.
    Quayle is a close second, just because he's hilarious, and no one else in the party can stand him, which makes him even more hilarious.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    1. Xzar
    2. Minsc
    Just note: I can't stand Xan.