Skip to content

Attempting to Recover Your Multiplayer CD Key - Android

I'm having trouble getting into multiplayer on my Samsung android tablet. The Single player works just fine, but if I try to go to multiplayer, the screen flashes (like it's supposed to do something) and then the box saying "Attempting to Recover Your Multiplayer CD Key" just stays up.

It's supposed to connect to Google Play, but its not. I've adjusted every setting I can find, reinstalled the game several times...all with no success.

Could anyone help please?

Comments

• Stalker50Stalker50 Member Posts: 2
    Update: So I installed NWN on my android phone and got into multiplayer successfully. I went into he file manager to compare the files and it appears that the cdkey.ini file is missing from the tablet.

Is the key created when I go into multiplayer, or was it supposed to be installed with the rest of the game?

If I copy my phone's cdkey.ini, would the multiplayer work (or worse, brick the game?)
  • hyadeshyades Member Posts: 1
    Your CDkey is a unique 41 digit key
    When you start up the game it makes a key for your device only
    You can try to fix it by deleting the CDkey.ini file and start up a new game.
    It should generate a new key

Where it is located on the Android version i dont know

I have the same problem..

Maybe because my game is installed on my SD
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Your CDKey on Android gets verified at the start of the application.

Try checking here: Android>Data>com.Beamdog.NWNandroid>files>user
  • vangrant1vangrant1 Member Posts: 2
    I have this issue on my android phone, tried to perform all solutions that came to me, it doesnt work it gets stuck on recovering you multiplayer password
  • VladiVladi Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2021
    Hey Julius, i bought dis game two weeks ago, started normally. And everything but when i go to MP it checks the CD Key and nothing happens. Tried to look for help in your support page, just received a message saying something like "we received your request", several days passed, no response. Tried to ask again for help, no response again. I'm sad because i wanted to experience MP for the first time in years playing this game(first bought the CD in 2007, then someone gave me the game in steam in 2017 i think haha, since last update it doesn't start, and bought it again on my phone lol) but i just can not join :(.
    Blotch
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    This is a known problem on Android, started in December because of some change on the Google side. We're working on a fix.
  • BlotchBlotch Member Posts: 1
    Ребят, я конечно все понимаю, но это не дело - Озвучьте хотябы ориентировочную дату решения.
  • davidmartudavidmartu Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I have the same problem:when i go to MP it checks the CD Key and nothing happens. Tried to look for help in your support page, just received a message saying something like "we received your request", several days passed, no response. Tried to ask again for help, no response again

When the Fix rdy, JuliusBorisov?
    We're still working on a fix. This is a priority task for us, but no ETA can be given.
  • davidmartudavidmartu Member Posts: 2
    Ok tx Julius, i Hope Fix Soon

One question, once fixed i Will can play multiplayer in private server with others players playing in PC?
    JuliusBorisov
    Sure, in general, MP in NWN is cross-platform.
  • GreyfortEzraGreyfortEzra Member Posts: 1
    I have been Haveing same problem since 2020 december, it is now may Cant you email us a valid cd key and we enter it in. You have google/steam acount name to bind cd key with just have them make a beam dog user name enter ther google steam name and give them a valid cd key once vareyfy google and steam. I have spent lots of money on new nwn ee. Im an Ancientnwnone, Thankyou
    Just opt in the beta of NWN:EE on Android - the problem is fixed there.