Skip to content

HotU - Chapter 2 - Shaori Fell - I have 4 mirror shards, what now?

Hi there, it's my first time playing the 2nd expansion of NWN, and I can't figure out how to complete the mirror shards quest in Shaori Fell.

From what I've read, now that I have 4 of them, it should trigger a fight against Sabal in the castle's throne room, but nothing is happening.

Any advice on how to make this work, or should I just drop the quest line and move on?

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    edited January 2021
    Have you spoken to the queen already? And have you been ambushed by Sabal before?

Also, do you have a clean install or are you using mods/haks/whatever?
  • SamalielSamaliel Member Posts: 4
    I have spoken to the queen already, yes, and have fought Sabal two or three times already.
    I was using mods, and figured this might be the cause of my troubles, so went and uninstalled/reinstalled the game, nuking everything except the saves folder.
    Are the shards supposed to stack? I feel this might be the cause of the problem.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited January 2021
    You need to speak to the Fool to initiate the fight. He should be in the throne room next to the throne, and Sabal should be with him.
    That's exactly the problem: the Fool is alone in the throne room, and never acknowledges that I have 4 of the 5 shards. the fight against Sabal never happens. :/
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Very odd... Never had any issue with that before...
    I ended up using console commands to spawn more shards until the game updated my journal, acknowledging I had 4 shards and Sabal had the last one.