Skip to content

[v1.1] Skitia's NPCs For BG2:EE and EET

Comments

• MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    Hmmm, I've got a small question.

SPOILERS

So I started to play with the new version of the mod and chose a PID with Vienxay started with "I want to ask something private" followed by "Back in Dragonspear...is there still anything between us" which I followed by "That I am. I'd like to see what happens". The conversation seemed to go rather well but for some reason I earned "Vienxay Greatly Disapproves".

Is that intended? She did not seem to be angry about it and more like a bit flattered but unwilling to admit it. Isn't "Great disapproval" something that requires to make a character REALLY angry? And it hardly looked that way. IMO it looked more like either a slight/normal approval or a slight disapproval depending on how grumpy can she be.

Was she really that angry or was it a bug?

Maybe I'm really bad at getting how girls think but... :(
  • rossbach451rossbach451 Member Posts: 165
    So, anecdotal evidence seems to suggest there is some sort of conflict between this mod and Imoen Romance. It may be the rest function, but with Vienxay in the party I could never finish the romance scene with Imoen after the Underdark, which killed the romance (after sleeping with her, you have a short conversation. With Vienxay present, I couldn't get that conversation to fire). Since I am not a modder, this is all just observational info. Still, I think your mod is one of the best out there!
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    @Mothor Whoops, that is a bug. I've uploaded a fix, thanks for finding it.

@rossbach451 Less sure about yours...I'll have to research.
    Gusinda
  • AWizardDidItAWizardDidIt Member Posts: 197
    Congratulations on the release! I played your npcs in BG1 and really enjoyed them. It was great getting a well written and interesting halfling and dwarf character especially. I'm planning on doing another replay of the series soon and I'll definitely check these out when I get into BG2.
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    Fantastic mod! Finished Kale (awesome stuff! scary and hilarious at thje same time) and Vixenay (her quest actually ends in Umar Hills? no continuation in Underdark?) quests and what can I say? Good, good stuff, what a breath of fresh air. Quality matches Lava mods if not better. ;p
    Thanks!

Vienxay's quest does continue on in the Underdark, but I can see it being missed as the continuation point could be more clear. I'll address it in a future update.
  • Victus_UmbraVictus_Umbra Member Posts: 2
    I'm doing Emily's Quest and I got the approval of both of her contacts, but there doesn't seem to be anything to do after that. Am I missing something? Or do I just need to get further into the game?
    You just need to get further into the game. It continues in Chapter 6.
  • Victus_UmbraVictus_Umbra Member Posts: 2
    Sorry to keep posting, but it's a bit confusing. I just stormed Bodhi's lair and defeated her, and at the end f the fight Emily runs after her and leaves the party... Where do I go to find her? Nothing is mentioned anywhere in the journal that I can find.
    edited February 2021
    I think I've found a bug.

SPOILERS

When romancing Vienxay during the conversation when she asks the PC if he had lovers in the past the options "What makes you bring this up" followed by "I only remeber my time with you" leads to NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS dialogue option and the conversation closes up immediately.
    Thanks, I uploaded the fix just now.
    Skitia wrote: »
    Thanks, I uploaded the fix just now.

Hmmm, its a bit strange but on your github page it says that Skitia NPCs was updated 7 days ago. Granted I'm quite a noob when it comes to github so I might've misunderstood something.

Btw congrats for a pretty nice mod! I do not recall if I said so before and it should never be to late to do so. :)
    Nope, I'm the noob here. It should actually be updated now.

But thanks for the compliment. :smiley:
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited February 2021
    @Skitia
    Crossmod request: Saradas Magic II. Saradas is a recruitable NPC for the Throne of Bhaal portion of the game and is a vendor in BGEE and BG2/BG2EE.
    edited February 2021
    I'll look into it, once my playthrough gets into BG2 I'll start working on crossmod content (In SoD at the moment).
    Thankee!
  • MURDERNATORMURDERNATOR Member Posts: 2
    How do you initiate their respective quests?
    Emily: Emily introduces her quest as soon as you recruit her and leave the inn
    Helga: Helga's quest starts in the Slums once a beggar NPC approaches near the inn.
    Kale: Kale's quest is introduced in his intro dialogue, and starts once you talk to the priest in the Ilmater temple in the Slums.
    Recorder: Hers starts after a few days after recruitment.
    Vienxay: Introduces hers after a few talks.
    @Skitia
    Since this mod has version 1.0 or higher, may we get it as an official GitHub release? (Releases mean "safe for the typical user to use" whereas downloading master implies "likely beta and use at your own risk.")
    Ah, what do you mean by official GitHub release? Usually I just have the download pull from Master, but if there's some a different way that marks it as more official GitHub release, then I can change it (Likely for version 1.1)
    @Skitia
    Thankee for inspiring this set of YouTube tutorials I made. Enjoy!
  • RetiefRetief Member Posts: 4
    Overall, I'm greatly enjoying the mod (or at least emily -- I haven't tried the others). That said, I have three bug reports:

When doing firkraag's quest, emily didn't know who king strohm was and then thanked recorder, even though recorder wasn't actually in my party. Presumably, recorder has an interjection if both are in the party, but you probably want to skip emily's followup if recorder isn't around to say anything.

In lt 9, I hit a "no valid replies". Looking at the .d file, you have two options in 9.4 that trigger on Global("X3EmiPartyBG1","GLOBAL",1) and none that trigger on the inverse. Since I didn't say that I knew her in bg1, neither reply was valid. I just consoled the variable in as a workaround, but that should probably be fixed. Also, the one followup mentions saradush, but the conversation triggered just after spellhold. She didn't actually mention saradush in game, so I can't call it a bug, but you might want to double check that the line only fires in TOB.

When I escaped from the underdark illithid arena with the refugees, kale apparently approved, even though he wasn't actually in my party. I'm guessing that that was supposed to be "emily approves" instead.

Also, one (very) minor dialogue nitpick -- in 5.14, emily says "I guess we should be tarrying on", but to tarry basically means to delay or procrastinate. I'm guessing she means "carrying on" instead.

Overall, though, great mod, and I'm very happy to find good new mods that weren't around a decade ago. So far, it is easily justifying a spot in my "favorite mods" list.
    Also, emily's script didn't get swapped back from vampamb to x3emi after the chapter 6 bodhi sequence. I didn't notice for a bit, so I wasn't able to go back and replay the sequence to see if this was reproducible, but this definitely happened once.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll fix the bugs in the first post, and see if I can reproduce the second post's (I don't remember it happening to me.)
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that last bug was just a funky one-off thing caused by me screwing around with my install too much.
  • Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 280
    edited April 2021
    Hello! Thanks for your wonderful mod! :)

Do you mind if I transfer the mod texts to tra-files and send you the result? To make it possible to translate the entire mod into other languages. Now, as I can see, most of the texts remain in the in d-files.

It would be great to add also cross-mod dialogues with the Shar-Teel, Coran, Xzar and other NPCs from BG1 during the SoA&ToB
    (for this mod).
    Mod's author, Smiling Imp, didn't mind cross-mod dialogs ((here is his opinion)
    Yes, if you would like to do that, go ahead! You have my permission.
  • Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 280
    Skitia wrote: »
    Yes, if you would like to do that, go ahead! You have my permission.

Thank you! I sent you new files in private messages!
    Great, I updated all of the files.

I also did the bug-fixes Retief mentioned.

Not upgrading the version number yet, there are some things I want to add towards the end of April where I'll also adjust it so the github release is official with it.