Skip to content

[v1.50] Recorder, a gnome lorekeeper NPC for BG:EE, SoD and EET

Comments

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    The been in party is checked before I leave the dungeon.

To be clear, in the first dungeon Recorder is fine and has all equipment and XP. It is when you leave the dungeon and she leaves the party. When I recruit her again outside the Palace at the start of the Dragonspear march that she acts like I never had her.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    edited October 2020
    I'll see if a final-save export is able to reproduce the issue once my playthrough gets there. It may be something else bugging it outside of the mod. Let me know if other NPCs of mine reproduce the error too.
    Necromanx2
    edited October 2020
    Here is what I see with the three NPCs of yours I am using. This is after they leave at the end of Korlaz dungeon in SoD then they rejoin you against the Crusade.
    1) Vienxay - Keeps her XP and equipment. All good.
    2) Emily - Keeps equipment, but drops to 161k XP.
    3) Recorder - Loses equipment (goes back to her basic when first acquired in BGEE) and XP (dropped to 64k or 161k).
    Emily is an easy fix as I just give her XP. Recorder requires stripping before leaving Korlaz dungeon.
    I attached my Weidu log in case it helps.
    edited October 2020
    The experience bugs are on me, I'll fix those tonight. Unless I reproduce the Recorder bug though, I'd just strip and give again as you plan to. I'll re-upload her script files just in case there is a difference between my local ones and the one on GitHub.
    edited October 2020
    1.41 has the xp issue fixed. I re-uploaded the spawn script just in case, though I still believe something is causing the been in party flag to be turned off, that is the only way a new Recorder is created.

The other possibility is at some point there were two Recorders in existence, and a different one was saved by the game, presumably with what it started.

So 1.41 for Recorder has a little bit more than just the xp fix, it also has a debug variable.

If you redownload it, and type:
    C:GetGlobal("X3Debug","GLOBAL")
    and then return me the number if she still loses the equipment, I can figure out what branch of the script is running.
    edited October 2020
    Hi Skitia,
    I updated to v1.41 and then reloaded saves to test. Needed to load my Korlaz dungeon save, but Recorder joined me for the march will all her XP and equipment now! Vienxay worked fine again.
    Looks like you addressed the issue! Thanks allot!

EDIT: Is your BG2EE mod with all your NPCs good for the transition to ToB?
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
    Awesome!

The BG2EE Mod is only missing the Romance Theme for Kale, Recorder, Vienxay, and then some crossmod. Every other bit of content is finished.
    I wanted to make sure that going from BG2EE to ToB did not do something similar to BGEE to SoD.
    edited October 2020
    Oh not at all. The BG2 expansion transition is much more mod friendly than SoD’s, especially since your party is never broken apart at the beginning of ToB like it is in SoD.
    Necromanx2
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Member Posts: 176
    When you first have a chance to party up with Recorder and head into the ruins, if you don't take her then Bryce just stands there and the game gives the message that he has nothing to say. If you bring Recorder along, then his dialogues fire correctly.
    Oops, I fixed this.

Version 1.42 is Thus:
    -Fix for Bryce Dialogue when Recorder isn't in the party.
    -Crossmod with AionZ's Drake (Make sure to install after Drake for now until Drake is updated with the same crossmod.)
    One other thing I noticed, which isn't a bug. When the confrontation occurs in the ruins, the room is pretty close to where the wolf of ulcaster is located which can make the fight much more difficult if you move all the way into the room. If that isn't your intent, then you might want to consider setting up the confrontation in the other nearby trapped room (though making it so the enemies don't set off the traps might be too tricky to make this worthwhile).
    Minor changes for Recorder in 1.43:
    -Fixed Gustav Item Description.
    -Changed Journal Books from Miscellaneous to Books.
    -Fixed EET specific issue by adding a chapter check to a dialogue.
    (SoD playthroughs don't need this update.)
    Gusinda
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 481
    Hello, I really like Recorder so far. Is there a way to know the current level of approval ?

I don't know if it is the expected behaviour, but with version 1.42,
    In PID, when Recorder is asked about her past relationship, the same dialogue can be done over and over, and each time with approval gain
    Yes, there are two ways in BG1:

1: Asking her for her opinion on yourself. Referencing you as a friend is a sign of high approval.

2: Using the console: C:GetGlobal("X3RecorderApproval","GLOBAL").

In BG2, the console command is: C:GetGlobal("X3RebApp","GLOBAL"), and the sign is having timed talks occur in the later portions of the game, as many talks have approval checks to see if they occur.

This is also updated to fix the looping behavior. I also changed the dialogue slightly to be more consistent with BG2.
    Trouveur
    Thank you. Looking forward to become closer to her in SoD. :-)
    Skitia wrote: »
    1.41 has the xp issue fixed. I re-uploaded the spawn script just in case, though I still believe something is causing the been in party flag to be turned off, that is the only way a new Recorder is created.

The other possibility is at some point there were two Recorders in existence, and a different one was saved by the game, presumably with what it started.

So 1.41 for Recorder has a little bit more than just the xp fix, it also has a debug variable.

If you redownload it, and type:
    C:GetGlobal("X3Debug","GLOBAL")
    and then return me the number if she still loses the equipment, I can figure out what branch of the script is running.
    I ran into the same bug (Recorder 1.42).

After exiting the first dungeon, if I rush the city part and recrut no other NPC, I meet Recorder from my party (number 1 with C:GetGlobal("X3Debug","GLOBAL")).

If I do all the quests and recrut other NPC (Drake, Sirene, Safane, Minsc, Dynaheir), then I meet a new Recorder (number 2 with C:GetGlobal("X3Debug","GLOBAL")).

So maybe it is a compatibility issue with another NPC mod ?

I will try again without recruting Drake and Sirene.

Maybe, sounds like something is turning off the BeenInParty flag for Recorder somehow.

I have a workaround I set up that will fire a variable if she was in the dungeon with the player and will basically function as a replacement for any failing BeenInParty flags.

Uploaded and marked as a 1.45
    Trouveur
    Thank you. I will try again later.
    edited March 2021
    Recorder's Paladin friend's family does not appear as far as I can tell in Baldur's Gate if you don't have Recorder in your party. I've searched high and low and I can't find them, even though I have a quest in my journal to track them down. The quest doesn't make it obvious that Recorder would need to be around to complete it either, if that was the intent.
    You technically don't need Recorder in your party for them to spawn, but you do need Recorder in your party when you enter the Baldur's Gate North District and to talk with them. I guess I could make a note to make it really clear when I update the mod again.
  • 311stylee311stylee Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2021
    What is the proper install order for @Skitia 's BG1 NPC mods (Recorder, Helga, etc.) in order to get all of the cross mod content between them? Or is it duplicated between the mods so that it doesn't matter?

And does anyone know if they have to be installed after Aura to get that content? Or is that duplicated as well? Thanks!
    All of mine are duplicated, so the order doesn't matter for BG1.

I believe it is the same for Aura at this point, too (But to be safe you can do Aura first.)
    311stylee
    I recently completed a playthrough of BG1 with my game book club and Recorder as well as all of your mods were very well received.

Recorder, Helga, Vienxay, Kale, Emily NPCs: Skitia's BG1 NPCs and very high in quality. No one took one of these NPCs with them for their final party, but I think everyone took at least some of Skitia's NPCs part of the way through the story. Except Emily. Two people took Emily and really liked her. Very much worth it even if you don't plan on taking them, for the little sidequests and texture to the world. These are going on every install of mine in the future.
  • 311stylee311stylee Member Posts: 9
    @Skitia here's a bug report with what I believe is the latest version (downloaded late February or early March). I also have your other BG1 NPC mods installed but none of them are in my party at the moment. Since this contains spoilers:
    When I met Recorder outside of the Ulcaster ruins, I told her to wait outside (technically she's waiting where she was standing by the stairs). Then when I went in and talked to Rick, I sided with him. Despite this the skeletons kept attacking me, and he casted some kind of fear spell that hit all of my characters, which wandered around triggering traps and attracting wolves. Also, Ruby just stood there and got hit, and wasn't responding to any of it or attacking anyone. I didn't play it out from there, there might be further problems?
    @311stylee Thanks for the bug report. I'll look into it and see if I can replicate it. I've not had many gone the Rick route!
    edited June 2021
    Replicated and fixed!

I found another bug while I was fixing it and corrected it as well, so anyone going the path of "Not taking Recorder and Helping out the evil side of the quest" shouldn't have any issues anymore.

As an aside I'll be away for most of June and part of July from modding. I'll be able to do support where I can (I hate leaving bugs open) but there won't be much development on any mod projects or additions worked on until late July most likely when I'm free from family or work matters!
    311stylee
    Recorder is now updated to be completely traified.

• DJShadeDJShade Member Posts: 1
    @Skitia When I download the latest version of Recorder (http://www.skitias-stories.com/mods-view.php?name=Recorder) I get an error in Project Infinity (0.9.8), DLC Merger 1.3 when installing into BG:EE: //ERROR: No translation provided for @0 .

I checked the github file and I noticed it's the same as the recent version.
    https://github.com/Skitia/Recorder-BG1/blob/master/Recorder/Setup-Recorder.tp2

I was able to load an older version I have (1.42). Is there an out of date file in the most recent build?
    edited October 2021
    @DJShade

I'm guessing that merger doesn't like Version with an @0.

My guess is the way it works for it is it doesn't try to link it to the translation file first.

Anyway, the quick fix locally is to open the file Setup-Recorder.tp2, and change @0 to ~1.47~.

Or just redownload it, I removed the @0 for version.