Skip to content

More detailed combat information?

Is there a mod or anything that can give much more detailed information about the gameplay mechanics in combat?

Examples of things that I would love to see during really intense battles:
  • How many seconds until a character's next combat round, so she/he can cast a spell or use an item again?
  • How many attacks did a character already use this round / how long until their next possible attack?
  • How much duration left on an effect that a character is under? (Positive or negative.)
  • How much duration left on a lingering area-of-effect spell like Cloudkill?
  • How many layers of stone/iron skin left on a character?

I can understand if the info is unavailable for enemy creatures, or if a negative effect on a party member takes an unknown amount of time, but the statistics of characters controlled by me, and statistics of spells cast by them and effects generated by their items etc. should be available.

Honestly I'm beginning to think that fully round-based combat a la BG3 makes more sense during intense encounters! It's quite a challenge to present all of the information above when characters all have their own personal rounds.

Comments

• ReticentReticent Member Posts: 122
    Taylan wrote: »
    Honestly I'm beginning to think that fully round-based combat a la BG3 makes more sense during intense encounters! It's quite a challenge to present all of the information above when characters all have their own personal rounds.

One of the auto-pause options is 'end of round'. That won't help you with the level of combat feedback you're looking for, but it does let you parse the combat log a little more clearly while improving your option to micromanage your party.
    Taylan
  • TaylanTaylan Member Posts: 76
    Reticent wrote: »
    Taylan wrote: »

One of the auto-pause options is 'end of round'. That won't help you with the level of combat feedback you're looking for, but it does let you parse the combat log a little more clearly while improving your option to micromanage your party.

Thanks, already know about that one... Used it a few times but it was difficult to make sense of the auto-pausing. E.g. when a round is over and you have a character drink a potion, it will immediately auto-pause again saying that the round is over for that character again... I guess that simply means I'd have to wait for the next auto-pause for new actions to become available.

I think the last times I tried it, I also had auto-pause for a bunch of other events active, like spell cast and enemy disappeared. Maybe I should try different combinations.

As you say though it's just one small part of all the things one might wish for.