Skip to content

EE Keeper Problem

I just started a new game in IWD EE and I wanted the change the voice of my group leader. I downloaded EE Keeper 1.0.4 but when I open my character file, a human paladin cavalier, I'm getting an error message that "Some spells assigned to this character were not found in the database. If you save this character those spells will not be saved. Cannot find: SPCL109, SPCL111"

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    do you have some modded spells in your game? if so, that could be the reason why you are getting that problem

plus, if you want to change the voice of your group leader, you don't need EE keeper, you can just go to "customize" on the record page and select the "sounds" button
  • rfxcaseyrfxcasey Member Posts: 18
    sarevok57 said:

do you have some modded spells in your game? if so, that could be the reason why you are getting that problem

plus, if you want to change the voice of your group leader, you don't need EE keeper, you can just go to "customize" on the record page and select the "sounds" button

Ah yes, forgot all about the customize page. No, no modded spells, it's a fresh install of IWD EE.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    did you import a BG character into your IWD game? it could be possible if your BG character had some of those bhaalspawn spells that EE keeper doesnt recognise them because EE keeper's spell database is based off the current game, not all the IE games at once
    Gusinda
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @rfxcasey, working off @sarevok57's comment above, it is actually the other way round. The spells exist in IWDEE but not in the BGxEE 2.x series. They are SPCL109 (Paladin Detect Evil) and SPCL111 (Paladin Cure Disease).

If you were only editing the character file, it could be that you were previously using EEKeeper in BGx and hadn't yet change EEKeeper directory settings to IWDEE (or maybe haven't set it up for IWDEE yet). If you are not familiar with how to set it up, open EEKeeper, select Settings, Installation Directory, then setup (or select IWDEE) adn try edit your pally again (you may need to move the .chr file to ...mydocs..\Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition\characters').

Hopefully, this will fix the prob.
    Gus
    sarevok57Proont
  • GrimDragneelGrimDragneel Member Posts: 1
    im having trouble aswell, same problem ive got nothing modded i brought a baldurs gate bundle off steam so there both EE im using EE keeper i finished baldurs gate 1 and now im trying baldurs gate 2 it wont recognise the character abilities sbet78u4u8pg.jpg
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    SPCL900-941 are high level abilities, which don't exist in BGEE. You're trying to interpret a high-level BG2EE character (fighter/thief?) based on a BGEE framework, and it doesn't know what to do with those abilities.

The way to handle things: create separate profiles for each game you intend to use EEKeeper with. "Installation Directory" under the "Settings" menu to create or edit a profile, "Profiles" under the "File" menu to select one. And only open a save with the profile for the game it's from.