Skip to content

PLEASE HELP: BLACK SCREEN

I'm in the Mortuary and I just finished talking with El Vene. She gave me the quest to find the Embalming Fluid along with the Needle and Thread then BAM BLACK SCREEN!! I can hear music but I can't see or do ANYTHING!!
Please Help I have no Idea what just happened or what to do.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Try Alter Senses - Graphics - Compatibility Renderer to enable DirectX support for the game. Please note that you need DirectX installed for that.
    Arvia
  • aem2169aem2169 Member Posts: 6
    Hi JuliusBorisov, I appreciate you getting back to me I do have DirectX 12 installed on my computer but I'm not extremely smart when it comes to computers. Is there any way you can give me a "how to" so I can try your suggestion? Right now I simple can't play the game and I really want to.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    aem2169 wrote: »
    Hi JuliusBorisov, I appreciate you getting back to me I do have DirectX 12 installed on my computer but I'm not extremely smart when it comes to computers. Is there any way you can give me a "how to" so I can try your suggestion? Right now I simple can't play the game and I really want to.

When you start the game, you get the menu with those purple buttons with "Resume Life" or "Start New Life" and so on.
    One of those is called "Alter Senses" which is this game's name for "Game Options".
    If you select that button, follow the path that Julius said above (Graphics - Compatibility Renderer).

Hope this makes it a little clearer. The way this game names its menu buttons can be a bit confusing.
    JuliusBorisov
  • aem2169aem2169 Member Posts: 6
    Thank you Arvia for the explanation , greatly appreciated. It worked I'm back in the game.
    JuliusBorisovArvia