Skip to content

[MOD] - Journal Fixes for BGEE, BG2EE and BGEE+SOD (v2.2+)

13»

Comments

• websterr33websterr33 Member Posts: 13
    Mr2150 wrote: »

Firstly, I've made it much more reliable at finding entries (when working with strings in lua there are some special characters that cause problems when searching), and secondly in my new release (probably ~1 week away) instead of just 'journal updated' in the textflash popup that appears there will now be 4 different titles:

1 - "Important Events", this is the primary or main storyline 'quest' that appears at the top of the quest log.
    2 - "Quest Updated", this is for side-quests or non-primary quests that appears in the quest log.
    3 - "Important Information", this is for standard journal entries that aren't tied directly to quests.
    4 - "Information", this is for textflashes that don't have an associated visible entry in the quest or journal.

For me, this represents a truer reflection than just 'Journal Updated' which can be misleading. Clicking the popup takes you directly to the relevant section of the quest log/journal, but in the case of item (4) it adds the information presented as a user entry so that information is no longer 'lost'.

Right-clicking the popup adds the information presented regardless of title (in case you want to save the text and add your own notes to it later).

Are those fixes included in the latest version of Pecca's mod (2.42)? I'm using it and see the usual "Journal Updated" instead of the 4 different titles here.
  • HemingbaeHemingbae Member Posts: 19
    edited April 2020
    This might be a longshot but would this work on DragonspearUI++ ? I'm having a few annoying issues with the journal in there.

Edit : no, it doesn't.
    Post edited by Hemingbae on
  • YrielYriel Member Posts: 1
    So i know its prolly way to late to be asking this, but I have the steam bgeed 2 game and the journal mod installed in an override folder with no other mods and updated to newest version of game available on steam but my journal still doesnt update and with the mod i cant see quests unless i go back to chapter two all other quests that are active refuse to show up in act 3, also when i installed this mod my combat log now periodically brings itself all the way to the top and i have to bring it back down to see if a save was succesful or whatnot. any help??
  • DabturèllDabturèll Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2020
    Hey, when I use this mod (BGEE I + SoD) it keeps scrolling my text box up when I close any window (inventory, character's sheet etc). Anyone has this problem too ? How to correct it ?
    Post edited by Dabturèll on
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    Dabturèll wrote: »
    Hey, when I use this mod (BGEE I + SoD) it keeps scrolling my text box up when I close any window (inventory, character's sheet etc). Anyone has this problem too ? How to correct it ?
    What do you mean by "scrolling my text box up"?
  • botfly10botfly10 Member Posts: 1
    I also have the bug with text scrolling...

Whenever there is enough text to fill the main UI textbox, the box stays scrolled to the top, instead of staying scrolled to the bottom (showing the most recent text).

I installed using the manual method and went through the steps a couple times to make sure I did it right.

Seems like other people are not having this issue, so I am at a loss...
  • ktchongktchong Member Posts: 88
    I think the latest update (2.6.6) broke the UI for this mod.
  • silvereaglesilvereagle Member Posts: 19
    Shouri wrote: »
    I just started playing BG2EE and the original journal in this game is just atrocious (my eyes were burning trying to distinguish which quests were active and which completed), so thank you so much for this lifesaving mod. However, I had the same problem as mentioned a few posts above - I play the game without any modifications to UI, so I didn't have the file in my override I could edit and using quick install sadly creates a bug, where the main text box is not scrolling properly (it constantly jumps to the top message and you need to scroll it down manually). But! I managed to extract a clean UI.menu from the game, tweaked it the way you described in the manual install section and voila, the bug is gone!
    So in case someone has the same problem (game ver. 2.5) and is struggling, but is too stubborn to play with the vanilla journal, I'm adding my UI file to this post - you can try it out and see if it helps (M_JFlang.lua still needs to be copied to the override folder, so don't forget it... like I did and then wondered why some text isn't displayed correctly ;))

Replacing the file solved the bug also in the latest BG2EE v2.6.6.0 - just in case someone's wondering if it works.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    How compatible is this mod with leUI?