Skip to content

Bringing back default behaviour

FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 119
edited March 2021 in General Discussions NWN:EE
When walking to huge building, trees or mountains you see a circle displaying your character, does anyone knows how to restore the default behavior of classic edition where you can see everything? The new system harms instead of helping, this is one of several things that made the game worse.
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hi! That circle is called keyholing. It can be disabled in the Settings under Graphics. You can also set it up with different parameters.

Check out settings.tml file in Documents - Neverwinter Nights.

Also, A LOT OF things you see in the EE can be tweaked and disabled.
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 119
    Julius - thanks for the tip, i changed the file as you suggested. I imagine those lots of things you said refer to the harmful gameplay changes i mentioned, this is partially correct, i'm talking about these:

1 - loading/saving is taking LONGER than expected (played the EE version of tyrants of moonsea so far)

2 - pathfinding is WORSE than on classic edition, walking through narrow places (the "would be" stairs outside the houses in elventree in moonsea come to mind) is such example of bad pathfinding, in voonlar i clicked and the char had to go in a straight path, instead she walked around a house to get to the place, i also lost the count of times my char got stuck close to desks, house, stones, trees, i had to load games to make the char able to walk from places, sometimes i cant click to go to farther places, i have to click in places right in the front of char to move it. In classic edition i also had problems but not like this except when i played kingmaker (pathfiinding is hell on it)

3 - lack of $$$ in the stores of moonsea forcing us to sell our goods to merchants that offer less $$$ surely is ANNOYING AS HELL. :/

4 - unbalanced difficulty/xp in moonsea (playing on hardcore with max hp on lvl up, there is no other way to play it), you face lots of hard monsters/ppl and get almost no xp for it, the real xp is only earned from solving quests, kinda disheartening.

5 - the zoom/camera view arent saved by the game, in classic edition those arent saved too, neither the dialog window in the bottom but this is saved in the EE, the map also isnt saved, it sucks having to enable the map every time you load a game.
    Prince_Raymond
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    @Felipefpl File a bug report here if you haven't done so already. The sooner the issue is reported, the sooner Beamdog can investigate it. Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.