Skip to content

Is there any way to prevent summoned creatures from following you?

Hi everyone: After one of the updates (I can't remember which one), summoned creatures started following their caster around whenever there are no hostile creatures present. Skellies will return to the priest, monsters will flock to the mage with the wand of monster summoning, etc.. This can be extremely annoying as sometimes you want to strategically position your summons in anticipation of a battle, but they never stay where you put them, always wandering back to the caster. Does anyone know if there's a way to shut this off so they'll just obey your orders and not follow you?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i've never seen this behavior before, are you using and mods?

if not

do you have the latest update for the EE games? if not, you should update to the 2.6 versions, because i know for sure they don't do that in 2.6 ( although sometimes hobgoblins and charmed animals will wonder around, but that behavior has been in the vanilla BG games, although they've never went back to their master )
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    @sarevok57 The only mods I run are Tweaks Anthology and SCS, and I've been running v2.5. I suppose it's possible SCS could be doing it, but I don't ever recall reading about any changes like that. I also seem to remember this issue occurring before I ever used SCS, but hey, with my middle-aged memory that could be all wrong.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    perhaps tweaks anthology is doing then?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    I know that SCS adds a block to some summons' scripts that makes them follow you if they're idle; I've noticed this with dryads. But it's definitely not all of them.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    You may both be right, and thank you for your insights. I guess I just can't remember what pre-mod behaviour was like.