Skip to content

Android Hak Issue

echooechoo Member Posts: 43
On Android 11, I don't have access to my data directory (locked out by the OS...). The only way would be to root my Pixel 4a 5g. I've tried extensively to access the data folder to no avail.

Which means I can't install CEP haks (on the beta Android client - the stable client won't even allow me to access multiplayer).

I've gone so far as to use NWsync on CEP haks - in the beta, even after syncing my client fully to CEP, I get a "missing Hak" message. It seems that the Android beta client NWsync will not work on any server that provides a NWsync url (missing Hak message for all synced servers).

So I'm locked out of my CEP based server project on my new phone! Any ideas?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hello! Can we get the server name that you're using so that we can try that specific server?

Have you tried the following workaround: Settings > Storage > Files and choose Files, not Files by Google
  • echooechoo Member Posts: 43
    Server name: TKF Main
    Mod name: The Killing Fields CEP (v36) EE

This is my own small server - I'll try to keep it running. NWsync (for CEP) is enabled.

The workaround you mentioned doesn't work in my case. I've also tried a handful of file explorer apps and and they generally say the same thing: no file permission (specifically /usr in the nwnee install dir)
    Also, transferring files over a USB data connection didn't work either. Google doesn't want users digging around in the Android/data directory I guess.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    I've seen claims that USB works, even on Android 11. Once connected, did you pull down notifications on the phone, tap the USB one and select Transfer Files?

Thankfully I'm still on Android 10 so can't test whether that still works on 11.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @echoo Can you please return the server online? We're still testing the issue.
    The server is still up. Thanks ?
    Any news about this? @JuliusBorisov
    We're investigating the issue.
    @echoo We've tested the server and found that it is not sending the manifest to the client. We need to know how the server was configured? What command line was used?
    On Win 10, this is what I used IIRC:

nwsync_write --description="TKF CEP 265" "C:/nwsyncpath" "C:/nwnpath/module.mod"
    Oh, just realized you wanted a nwserver command line. Will post it when I'm at my pc.
    Here is my command line in windows:

"C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Neverwinter Nights\bin\win32\nwserver.exe" -elc 1 -maxlevel 20 -autosaveinterval 0 -ilr 0 -servername "Server Name" -servervault 1 -difficulty 3 -port 5188 -nwsyncurl https://example.com/nwsync -module "Module"
    @echoo Please download this hotfix to the server: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/67157/server-download-packages-and-docker-support/p1

Use that download package to host the server and then it all should work.
    It works!!

Thanks a lot ?