Skip to content

Baldurs Gate ee - BG city music question

Cabal82Cabal82 Member Posts: 76
In original BG, the candlekeep theme was used in BG bridge area and almost all parts of the city itself (in few areas, Streets of the city theme was used instead). In BG ee, Streets of the city theme is used in all parts of the city. Why was this changed? The brave and glorious candlekeep theme was fitting for the great city. Is there a way to change music in maps
?
Post edited by Cabal82 on

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    yes you can change it, if you use near infinity, you can go to the map properties and choose which music plays at which time
  • Cabal82Cabal82 Member Posts: 76
    Thank you, I will try this solution :) Why was this changed by te developers of EE?
    Can anyone of the dev team explain the reason for this change please?
    Still no answer for this? It isthe only thing I dont like in Bg EE...
    FenrirWolfganger
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Hope it hasn't been bothering you all this time!
    FenrirWolfganger
    Sure it has :)
    FenrirWolfganger
  • FenrirWolfgangerFenrirWolfganger Member Posts: 31
    @SamuelRichards That's the question that keeps being asked.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    @SamuelRichards That's the question that keeps being asked.

For your information, that was not a real user, it was a spambot that copy/pasted a post made earlier in this thread by someone else. Unfortunately we get those occasionally. We usually catch them sooner, but since you replied, I felt it necessary to leave an explanation, so that people don't get the impression we delete comments or ban real people just like that.
    FenrirWolfgangerJuliusBorisov
  • FenrirWolfgangerFenrirWolfganger Member Posts: 31
    Arvia wrote: »
    For your information, that was not a real user, it was a spambot

Oh, OK, thanks for the explanation, I hadn't come across spambots like that before and thought someone was being humorous. Thanks again.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    My bet is that using the Candlekeep theme in BG bridge area and almost all parts of the city were considered a bug (the Candlekeep music should run in Candlekeep, not in BG).
    FenrirWolfganger
    Hi Julius, thanks for your opinion on this. :) Or perhaps the old devs considered Candlekeep theme fits better as music in the city.
    JuliusBorisov
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    This could be related to the SONGLIST.2DA bug too. In the Enhanced Editions, line 35 of SONGLIST.2DA is a duplicate of line 34. This pushes all subsequent song references down by 1, whereas all area files still reference tracks by their original position within the file. Hence, any and all areas referencing tracks from line 35 down play back the wrong track.

No idea what line that particular area is referencing, but this bug sounds like a likely candidate for this change.
    Cabal82sarevok57
    edited October 2021
    Ok, I need little help. I have changed the day music in Near infinity in four areas of the city of BG. Modified area files are now saved in Override folder. But if I load older save and enter the city location, the music is not changed.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Areas that have been visited are included in save files. Any changes you make to the base area files will not apply retroactively to old saves; you can only change those by editing the copy in the save.
    Cabal82
    Thank you very much for the info :) Im glad it will work for my next game.
    edited October 2021
    If anyone wants to know, music was changed in four sections of the city in EE - north (palace entrance), south (docks), west (temple of Gond) and east (main city gate, thieves guild). Other five sections have same music as in vanilla. City gate section has completely different day and night music in EE from all other sections. In order to find out which music was where in vanilla game, I searched through some letsplays on YT. Sadly, there are only a few of them, and the player who recorded it spent half time in the city in nighttime, so I was not able to verify central section of the city (tents and diviner). But I remember fairly well that there was the city day theme, same as in EE.