Skip to content

A simple mod request regarding carsomyr...

DevilRTXDevilRTX Member Posts: 3
edited January 2021 in BGII:EE Mods
Hi. As i mentioned in the title i would like someone to mod carsomyr so that it can be used by evil characters and warriors. Is it hard to do? I m even willing to pay for time/service.

Comments

• hybridialhybridial Member Posts: 291
    DevilRTX wrote: »
    Hi. As i mentioned in the title i would like someone to mod carsomyr so that it can be used by evil characters and warriors. Is it hard to do? I m even willing to pay for time/service.

This isn't really something you should offer payment for.

It's not difficult to do yourself, I haven't really learned to make a weidu mod that you can install but I've edited items in my own game and that was simple enough.

What I will mention first though is the Item Upgrade mod allows you to merge Carsomyr with the Soul Reaver to upgrade the Soul Reaver to a +6 weapon with Carsomyr's abilities on top of its own, so that might be good enough, and I would recommend the mod, I think it makes a lot of cool additions.

If not, then basically, download Nearinfinity, install whatever you need to run that, and then when you have it up, open the chitin.key file in your Baldur's Gate 2 installation folder.

377gxirv0p2y.png

You can search for both versions of Carsomyr using their references which can be seen in the screenshot. And I've highlighted where you need to make changes, it is literally tickboxes. You can also edit the item lore if you want, but I imagine that won't matter too much to you.

If an item is bolded in that list, it means that it has been altered in some way, I have a number of mods installed, hence a lot of them already are bolded, but assuming a clean install, you will know it works if it turns bold and a copy of the item file is made into the override folder. Then it should work. Just make sure to do it for the Carsomyr +6 item as well so you can upgrade it and still be able to wield it.
  • DevilRTXDevilRTX Member Posts: 3
    I did like u said and I still cant use it only good paladin. It saves in override folder.
  • hybridialhybridial Member Posts: 291
    Oh, I did forget to mention that doing this will not work for a game in progress, or at least a game where you already have the weapon in your possession, because the save file will only work from the version that's already in it. The method I laid out will work for a new game, but I'm not exactly sure how to do it midgame. Possibly you could instead of using the overwrite method, you make a copy of Carsomyr in Near Infinity and just give it some reference so you can identify later in EEkeeper. Make the changes you need to the copy, and then replace the version of Carsomyr you have in the inventory with the altered version using EEkeeper. You would probably need to do it again with the upgraded version. Unfortunately, I don't know if this will work or not, editing stuff midgame is not something I understand very well, possibly someone on the forum might know more than me.
  • DevilRTXDevilRTX Member Posts: 3
    ok i did it :D ! Found 1 more carsomyr the actual one.
  • BracchusBracchus Member Posts: 41
    edited April 2021
    I just posted this if you're interested https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/81817/mod-redone-irrevrykal-the-unholy-reaver#latest
    Blackguards only though sorry