Skip to content

Question: Cloudkill scroll available in SoD?

Hello everyone,

First of all apologies if this has already been asked... Maybe I just suck at using the search feature but I couldn't filter for only SoD posts :(
So, as the title says - Is there a way to obtain a cloudkill scroll in SoD? I imported my party from BGEE, Edwin being on it, but apparently he just forgot all the spells he had learned in BG1... So far I've searched every scroll merchant I could find but without much success.

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    I don't remember any in SoD, though it isn't something I would look for. However, if you previously knew the spell in BGEE and have access to the console, you might feel justified in creating one for yourself - the console command for that would be C:CreateItem("scrl2E")
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    SoD version of Sorcerous Sundries has 3 in stock.
  • coredumpedcoredumped Member Posts: 8
    Went back to check and yeah, the sorcerous sundries does have 3. Sadly I no longer have access to that area :( The sellers at the camp don't have it. I think there is one scroll somewhere around the area of Dragonspear Castle because I checked one of my 2 year old saves and edwin got cloudkill somewhere around that area.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    edited April 2021
    I think probably I found one in the underground caverns, or somewhere around there. I did find 1 copy.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,350
    Aerakar wrote: »
    I think probably I found one in the underground caverns, or somewhere around there. I did find 1 copy.

You have an excellent memory @Aerakar:
    https://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgate/walkthrough/sod-undergroundriver.php

Look at entry number 28. It’s not that easy to come by.

Getting a free scroll of Cloudkill in BG1 sure seems easier:
    https://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgate/walkthrough/ar5300.php
    I just played through SoD a couple of weeks ago and somehow remembered finding that scroll @StummvonBordwehr . I don't know what's in containers from memory in Siege like I do BG1 (after playing BG1 scores of times of course), so I tend to be extra thorough!
    edited May 2021
    In another run I just found 3 copies for sale at Sorcerous Sundries at the start of the game so confirming above from @kjeron. Not that he needs confirming of course, just never noticed it before myself!