Skip to content

Help with the planar prison quest

OK so i'm doing the planar prison quest to rescue Haer or wtv he's called, but i just stumbled upon some pulsating holes on the ground, is there an easy way to get past those things? i try moving my party one by one but then one of them even a little close to the damned things and gets sucked, i have the stupid warden and his guys in front of me attacking. I tried to just leave the whole quest (because fuck that shit), but now i can't even leave the whole place, one of the most poorly designed things i've ever seen in my life.

Even using cheat codes to skip those things is acceptable to me at this point.

Comments

• LelandGauntLelandGaunt Member Posts: 83
    Those pulsating holes can really be rather irritating. If you want to avoid them completely you might park your party far away from them first, then have one of your guys lure enemies from the other side to your party. Kill them and as soon as the other side is clear, move your characters over there one by one. It's a bit fiddly, but should be doable without getting sucked in, just stay as far away above or below the holes as possible.
    DGDKamiStummvonBordwehrdunbar
  • DGDKamiDGDKami Member Posts: 34
    OK man thanks for the advice, but i just activated the cheat codes and teleported myself, screw this nonsense.

A game where your IA characters can just wander on their own for no reason shouldn't have sections where you need to walk very precisely imo.

A moderator please delete this thread if you want, no point in keeping this open.
    edited April 2021
    Alright, do as you wish of course, but I really don't think that it's THAT big of a deal. You'd only have to do this thing like 2 or 3 times (the prison is pretty small) or you could of course just enter the holes for some extra XP and loot ;)
    Btw, what exactly did you mean with the whole "wander on their own for no reason" part, I didn't really understand that sentence?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    edited April 2021
    The ones to the north of your starting point, on the direct path to the warden? Not really. Your best bet is to use the boots of speed you just found to try to run past the trigger. Although, if you go in and return, you get spit out ahead of the trap. It's easier to go forward than back.

The traps on the longer (recommended) path are far easier to avoid, since they take up less of the corridor. And once you deal with the Master of Thralls and the orb he's carrying, the traps deactivate entirely. At that point, you can go after the Warden with no fear of getting sucked down into a side room.

Also, another point to recommend the long way? There are six unique items of particular interest in this area. Three of them are held by the bounty hunters at the start (Boots of Speed, Pixie Prick, Melodic Chain). Two are held by the Warden (Adjatha the Drinker, Wave shaft). The last is held by an enemy on the long path (Kundane). And that last one is one of the best off-hand weapons in the game for a dual-wielding character; it grants an extra attack per round, which is made with the main-hand weapon.
    Post edited by jmerry on
    Grond0
  • BertleBertle Member Posts: 49
    I mean, to be fair, you are warned at the start of the quest that going North (which I am presuming you did based on the fact that you said there's a bunch of holes) is an "impossible" way to go precisely because you get sucked into those cells. The NPC who tells you this offers you an alternative path with only one hole which is extremely easy to avoid. I don't really think this is a design flaw in the game, it's two alternate paths to complete the quest, and you happened to choose the harder path.
    edited April 2021
    Bertle wrote: »
    I mean, to be fair, you are warned at the start of the quest that going North (which I am presuming you did based on the fact that you said there's a bunch of holes) is an "impossible" way to go precisely because you get sucked into those cells. The NPC who tells you this offers you an alternative path with only one hole which is extremely easy to avoid. I don't really think this is a design flaw in the game, it's two alternate paths to complete the quest, and you happened to choose the harder path.

Nobody recommended me anything, i didn't talk to any NPCs at the start of this quest (only a Djinn who offered me a wish, that was kinda random).
    Alright, do as you wish of course, but I really don't think that it's THAT big of a deal. You'd only have to do this thing like 2 or 3 times (the prison is pretty small) or you could of course just enter the holes for some extra XP and loot ;)
    Btw, what exactly did you mean with the whole "wander on their own for no reason" part, I didn't really understand that sentence?

I tried for like half an hour, one of my party members would always end up going down one of the pits.
    Huh, shortly after entering the prison, right after the initial fight against these hunters, there's this shorty slave dude (can't remember his name) who should automatically start a conversation in which he pretty clearly states: "Way north? Bad idea. Way east? Good idea."
    Circumventing the holes on that eastern path should be tricky, but doable like I said, as long as you move your characters around one by one (separately, not the whole party at once). Maybe that northern part really is too narrow for such moves or something, I never actually tried that though, because again, that slave dude at the beginning was pretty obvious: north = nay, east = yay.
  • BertleBertle Member Posts: 49
    Hmm that's odd. You might have accidentally killed him in the first fight with the bounty hunters. It should be the guy who you see talking to the bounty hunters about removing his collar as soon as you enter (his name is Tagget I believe).
  • MrBaquanMrBaquan Member Posts: 42
    I don't think I've actually ever gone straight north.

Tagget probably died in the initial battle, but if you go around like he tells you, you can deactivate the sucker portals. And collect the juicy loot Jmerry mentioned.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    It sounds like switching the AI off and moving your party members individually would help. FWIW switching the AI off is the first thing I do in Irenicus' dungeon.
    OrlonKronsteenkaja8
    Bertle wrote: »
    Hmm that's odd. You might have accidentally killed him in the first fight with the bounty hunters. It should be the guy who you see talking to the bounty hunters about removing his collar as soon as you enter (his name is Tagget I believe).

Nobody told me anything about the layout of the dungeon, but i did throw several fireballs in the initial fight so maybe i killed the poor sucker by mistake.

Also a Djinn spawned after the fight ended which seemed kinda random, so maybe the whole thing glitched.