Skip to content

Need help finding save files

I've looked up older posts on here but they don't seem to apply anymore.
I'm currently playing on my Android/Samsung phone and would like to be able to swap saves over to my Android/Samsung tablet. I can't find the save files on either device.
I've done it before a couple of years ago to swap files between my PC/tablet and it worked. But for the life of me I can't find the files any more. I've even tried two different file explorers to no avail.

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Malboch and welcome to the forum.

The android saves for BG1EE can be found here:

Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/save

No problems finding it if you are using a PC to do view and conduct the the transfer. If however, you are using Android to Android transfer or you just want to see what is there, and you are using Android 11, you may not be able to see them due to security permissions.

If this is the case, then I recommmend that you download the free version of X-plore File Manager from Google Play. Once installed, open and navigate to the 'Android' folder and the application will complain that it doesn't yet have access rights. Follow the on screen instructions and you will then be able to access (read and write) from /Android forward (data, obb, etc) using X-plore.

Hope that helps
    Gus
  • MalbochMalboch Member Posts: 2
    Thank you so much! My other file explorers weren't allowing me to see them.