Skip to content

Is Foebane +5 fixed?

Last I read, in EE, the larloch’s minor drain wasn’t working.

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Klorox, for the fix, have a look here.

Gus
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    Gusinda wrote: »
    Hi @Klorox, for the fix, have a look here.

Gus
    Thanks. I play on the android app. I posted a follow up question there.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Hopefully the July 2018 hotfix will eventually become part of a patch.
    jsaving wrote: »
    Hopefully the July 2018 hotfix will eventually become part of a patch.
    So I guess this means I wouldn’t get this benefit from foebane were i to pick it up on android right now.

Bummer.
    @Klorox, for this fix, it is just download, unzip with your file manager and place both spell files into your override folder (or unzip direclty into it). Make sure the .zip file is not located within your game folders as this may cause a crash. If you don't yet have an override folder, then you just need to create in:

Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition/files/

If you are running Android 11, then there are some additional steps because of the new security permissions. Let me know if you are...

Gus
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov
    Gusinda wrote: »
    @Klorox, for this fix, it is just download, unzip with your file manager and place both spell files into your override folder (or unzip direclty into it). Make sure the .zip file is not located within your game folders as this may cause a crash. If you don't yet have an override folder, then you just need to create in:

Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition/files/

If you are running Android 11, then there are some additional steps because of the new security permissions. Let me know if you are...

Gus
    im just extremely tech-illiterate. I downloaded the zip file from page one but I have no idea what to do from here.

Hi @Klorox, no probs. It is very explainable (I hope)...

Firstly, we should know what hardware/Operating System version being used. The process below should be close for most brands but may not use the exact terms/section headings.

Open your phone settings app (the gear shaped icon) and go to the very end.
    You should find a section called 'About Phone'.
    Select that and look for another section called 'Software Information'.
    Select that and find 'Android Version'.

Sample of info required (my phone):
    Hardware: Samsung Note10+
    OS Version: Android 10

If you have Android 11, there will be some extra steps that we will need to do but for now, I will assume that you are using v10 or below.

You have already downloaded the file, so it should be located in 'Internal Storage/Download'

- Open 'My Files' (if you have a Samsung device) or your standard File Manager that you use. Most should be able to open .zip files.
    - Touch where it says 'Internal Storage'
    - Find Download and open that folder
    - You should find a file called '9ek6snaneyte.zip' unless you renamed it when downloaded. Touch that and it should open showing you 2 files.
    - At the bottom of the app, you should find text reading 'extract'. Select that.
    I- t will automatically open the new folder and show you the 2 extracted files. Long press on one of them which will place a tick beside the file name. Short press on the next file which should place a tick beside it.
    - In the menu at the base of the phone, select 'Copy'
    - Press the '<' (arrow) at the top of the screen twice and you should see all the folders in the root of Internal Storage. Press on the folder named 'Andoird'
    - Press on 'data'
    - Find the folder 'com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition' and select that
    - Select 'files'
    - If you don't already have a folder called 'override' the press on the three dots (menu) at the top right hand of the app and look for 'Create Folder'
    - Type in 'override' and select 'Create'
    - Select 'overide' which will move you into the folder, then press 'Copy here'

That will place the .spl (spell) files into your override folder which will let the game use them instead of the non-functional ones.

Hopefully, most of that made sense and got you though the process. If not, please don't hesitate to ask about the grey area and I can expand for you.

If you have Android 11, you wont be able to see past the folder 'Android' so we will need to install a seperate File Manager called X-plore (free version will do the trick) and allow it to gain Read/Write access to the 'Android' folder.

Best of luck
    Gus
    KloroxJuliusBorisov
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    A bit of clarification on what's going on here:

In game version 2.5, the "drain to max HP of caster" damage mode, used by spells such as Larloch's Minor Drain and Vampiric Touch, does not work as intended. You gain the HP once, and then repeating it while you have the extra max HP doesn't work. No more max HP (intended), no healing (not intended).
    On top of that, in BG2EE 2.5, all versions of LMD don't use this effect at all. They just deal damage, with no healing ever. Definitely not intended.

As far as I know, there is no way to get the intended effect in 2.5. I tried.

The "fix" above doesn't use the broken effect. Instead, it uses a different effect to grant healing and temporary max HP every time. Even if the spell didn't deal any damage because the target was resistant. During the course of my latest run, I decided that this was too good, and switched to the "drain HP to caster" damage mode instead. No maximum HP increase, and you only get drain from actual damage dealt.

In 2.6, the damage mode is fixed to work as intended, and BG2's LMD is corrected to use it.
    KloroxGusindaRogerRoger