Skip to content

How to uninstall Patch 2.6?/Recover modded EET

BreliBreli Member Posts: 5
Hi all,

I have a problem since my game was auto-upated by GOG that I cannot fix: I installed EET with a whole bunch of mods without problems. The installation worked absolutely flawlessly all the way through BG1EE and SoD: no weird effects, crashes or missing items/dialogues. I have just finished SoD and woke up in Irenicus Dungeon. I explored a few rooms and saved right there.

But now I cannot start the game any longer. For some reason it consistently crashes during start-up. During the introduction video an error message is displayed at the bottom of the screen. It just says "Invalid: 271344". The number changes. Last two digits include: 45, 47, 48, 50, 53, 54, 55 ... The weird thing is that I haven't changed anything. I didn't install additional mods or changed anything else.

I understand now that this was caused by the 2.6 Patch that was released a few days ago. Unfortunately, I had GOG set to auto-update so the patch was installed without my knowledge.

The thing is: I spent months on this play-through already. It is a walk down memory lane for me after 20 years of playing the original and now enjoying all the updated content and mods. I cannot replicate the old installation and neither does GOG allow to roll-back patches (for all I know).

Is there any way to uninstall patch 2.6 so that I can continue my journey?

Any help greatly appreciated ...

BR

Breli

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    The GOG Client should have an option to offer you a 2.5 version. Since you've been using a modded setup, the best way forward would be to roll back to 2.5, re-install all your mods, and continue your playthrough.

Or you can start from scratch - delete all the installed files, reinstall the game (2.6), then try to install mods.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/81935/mod-hotfixes-for-patch-v2-6#latest
  • BreliBreli Member Posts: 5
    Hi, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, GOG cannot roll-back the patch. Or at least I wouldn't know how to do that. There is no such option anywhere. I tried to replicate my installation from a 2.5 backup (unfortunately without mods). However, some of the mods have been updated in the meantime and now the dialogues/charnames/worldmap is off ...

So my hope was to somehow get rid of 2.6 and continue with my original installation.
    Seems I was mistaken. Actually, there seems to be a setting in GOG that allows to roll-back. Trying that now.
    Same here, just reverting to 2.5 in GOG doesn't fix the issue :( ... I really wish there would be some kind of uninstall funktion for 2.6 :( ... I had a blast playing with all the mods and new content and was really really looking forward to continue with BG2EE.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    As IE modding involves changes into game files, after any patch you need to reinstall mods. This has been the case for 20 years. If you rolled back to 2.5, you still need to reinstall the mods.
    I know but the mods have changed in the meantime. Thus, I cannot continue from my old save since dialogues/names/etc. are off ... and yes, I should have copied the folder once everything was installed. Hindsight now. Learning that the hard way.

So my best hope would be to uninstall 2.6.