Skip to content

Custom soundset not working properly :(

Ever since Beamdog's latest patch, I can't seem to get my custom soundset to work on my characters properly.
For some reason when I select my character, nothing happens. I also use the mod S9Awesome Soundset Vol 2 but can't seem to get it installed. It gives me the error:
ERROR: Failure("cannot append column-wise to CHARSND.2da")

Anyone got the slightest idea how to fix this? I miss my "Ayy! Whatcu need matey? AAAARRR!"

Comments

• GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    I've already built a PST voicepack for 2.6 in my topic. IWD comes next on my to-do list, I've just collected the wavs from IWD2 and compared them with IWD1 and IWDEE (realized that IWDEE only shipped with 25 lines out of the original 40, but all 40 can be used now, not sure on the additional 3 lines IWD2 introduced on their new sets, will see). Please wait.
  • HappyFunRunHappyFunRun Member Posts: 26
    Dude that's nice! :smiley: I'll check it out right away! Thanks!
  • barker262barker262 Member Posts: 75
    Got exactly the same issue with both BG ee and BG 2 ee. I had a custom made sound set (made by me actually). Worked perfectly for a year then, this disaster. What I did notice is that I could transfer the selection sounds that weren't working, f,g,h and some others, into a sound set that came with the game and they worked again. Changed the name of CUSTOM1f,g and h into Male2f,g,h and selected that sound set and bingo... selection sounds work. If you can be bothered you could rename a sound set you like into the name of something you don't and when it replaces those sounds it will start working again. Just have to select male2 soundset or whatever and it works. It did have the text spoken for male2 but I turn that off anyway.
  • HappyFunRunHappyFunRun Member Posts: 26
    Might try that. Been doing it once before, but didn't seem to get it right. Even copied the exact number from the new added voices with patch 2.6, but still I managed to get it wrong.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    @barker262 This thread (it's list from a to 9) lists what 2.6 expects for each suffix atm. Personally though, I'd say x and y are unreliable and should be substituted with WeiDU-injected mod slots (the issue is that x and y correspond to slots which are used differently between BGEE/IWDEE and BG2EE). TBH I suspect rare moves have a lower chance now than what they had, but I never liked them anyway, my preference goes into nagging selects (which BG2 lacked AFAIK, but BG2EE 2.6 introduced 4 new slots in all three games - so BGEE/IWDEE now can have 8 - to have such).

@HappyFunRun I've managed to release my IWD1 and IWD2 conversions during last night btw.
  • barker262barker262 Member Posts: 75
    @barker262 This thread (it's list from a to 9) lists what 2.6 expects for each suffix atm. Personally though, I'd say x and y are unreliable and should be substituted with WeiDU-injected mod slots (the issue is that x and y correspond to slots which are used differently between BGEE/IWDEE and BG2EE). TBH I suspect rare moves have a lower chance now than what they had, but I never liked them anyway, my preference goes into nagging selects (which BG2 lacked AFAIK, but BG2EE 2.6 introduced 4 new slots in all three games - so BGEE/IWDEE now can have 8 - to have such).

@HappyFunRun I've managed to release my IWD1 and IWD2 conversions during last night btw.

Cheers mate. Might give that mini-mod a go thats mentioned in the thread. Who knows might get enough guts up to put my own sound file up, see who likes it.