Skip to content

Ubuntu 20.04 support

I purchased Neverwinter Nights EE as soon as it was released on GOG. I really appreciate y'all including Linux support! I recently ran the installer to upgrade to the latest version (82). Now the screen is black upon launch. Everything was working fine on the prior version (79 I believe). I opened a support ticket with GOG and they are saying that Ubuntu 20.04 isn't officially supported? Is that accurate? Are there plans to add support? Is there a way to get access to the prior version of the game that ran fine on 20.04? Or a steam key (it sounds like 20.04 users aren't having issues there)?

Things that I've already tried:
1. updating the Mesa driver
2. Confirming the following dependencies are all present (libc6:i386 libasound2:i386 libasound2-data:i386 libasound2-plugins:i386 libjson-c2:i386 libopenal1:i386 libstdc++6:i386 libssl1.0.0:i386 libexpat1:i386 libx11-6:i386 libxau6:i386 libxcb1:i386 libxcursor1:i386 libxdmcp6:i386 libxext6:i386)

I followed the support flow (which looks like a front end for JIRA?) and created a ticket for this issue back in Feb, but I haven't heard back yet. Is that no longer the preferred way to contact beamdog for bugs? Here is a link to my ticket for reference : https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/NWNS-8418?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJxc2giOiJiN2M0N2RlMTcwNWUxMzhjODQ3MDNhOWVmN2Y3MWUyNzMwMmYyNTcxMDE4ZWNkYTAzOWU3YmMwMzA2ZDQwMGE1IiwiaXNzIjoic2VydmljZWRlc2stand0LXRva2VuLWlzc3VlciIsImNvbnRleHQiOnsidXNlciI6IjI2MTg5IiwiaXNzdWUiOiJOV05TLTg0MTgifSwiZXhwIjoxNjE1OTI4ODA0LCJpYXQiOjE2MTM1MDk2MDR9.nVW5d6xB976YjhrNTnVT2X1MI0ga25zYyjuo1GWY66g

Comments

• DazDaz Member Posts: 125
    I think fullscreen on linux is currently broken, but will be fixed next patch. I'm not sure if GOG supports development builds, but if it does, you can try that.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Daz wrote: »
    I think fullscreen on linux is currently broken, but will be fixed next patch. I'm not sure if GOG supports development builds, but if it does, you can try that.

Indeed! You can opt into the Dev build in the GOG Galaxy.
  • sadlinuxusersadlinuxuser Member Posts: 2
    Thanks so much for the quick answers! Last I checked GOG Galaxy doesn't have Linux support. However I was just able to confirm that things appear to work fine in windowed mode. That's good enough for me until the next patch arrives.

Am I gathering that the intent is to have first class support for Ubuntu 20.04 despite GOG only listing 16.04 and 18.04?