Skip to content

Workaround for Dual class with multiple kits?

barker262barker262 Member Posts: 75
G'day all,
Came up with a character concept and am trying to jig the game engine to accomodate it. I thought of a feral kid taken into candle keep (think the 'dog' boy out of Madmax 2 - Roadwarrior in the US) that gets released to the world in the prologue. Regardless of what level he reaches, when he gets to the werewolf island he contracts lycanthropy and embraces it.

Basically a human Barbarian (daggers as primary weapon) that eventually dual classes into druid - shapeshifter. I've found a mod which expands Dualling to include druid but as you all know Dual class only allows one kit.

Could I use EE keeper to either A; force a second kit on the character or
B: Edit the abilities of the Dualled class so that all the earned barbarian (or Shapeshifter) abilities are present when both classes come on line?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i do not think it is possible to have 2 class kits, and im not sure if you can even dual class barbarian at all

if you somehow manage to pull off a barbarian/druid

i would suggest using barbarian as your class kit and once your druid level surpasses your barbarian levels you can use EE keeper to forcefully give the druid abilities that you want
  • barker262barker262 Member Posts: 75
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    i do not think it is possible to have 2 class kits, and im not sure if you can even dual class barbarian at all

i would suggest using barbarian as your class kit and once your druid level surpasses your barbarian levels you can use EE keeper to forcefully give the druid abilities that you want

Cheers Sarevok...arn't you dead?

Do you know how where on EE Keeper I would find a setting to enable - shapeshift; werewolf on the Druid?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    barker262 wrote: »

Do you know how where on EE Keeper I would find a setting to enable - shapeshift; werewolf on the Druid?

as long as i get a wee bit of your soul i can come back alive ;)

to add werewolf shapechange abilities go to;
    - open up your save game
    - then open up the character you want to do this to
    - open up innate ( in between memorization and wizard at the top )
    - add spell
    - click on "Resource"
    - then look for SPCL643 for werewolf
    or
    - SPCL644 for greater werewolf
    - then "assign to CHARACTER" - button at the bottom
    - then you will notice for your shapeshift abilities your xMem will be 0 for both
    - so with that go to the right of the page and you will see a "Mem +"
    - click on that to add memorizations of how many times per day you want to be able to use the ability

and then voila, you should be able to use the werewolf shapechanges
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @barker262
    There's this Dual to Kit mod.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    The barbarian's Sneak Attack Immunity is hardcoded, so it won't carry over, you will have to manually add that effect.
    kjeron wrote: »
    The barbarian's Sneak Attack Immunity is hardcoded, so it won't carry over, you will have to manually add that effect.

Thanks everyone. Kjeron, I gather you're saying that if I were to try my option b; I would have to open EE keeper and locate all the resources (thanks Sarevok - no soul for you) to activate them.
    Or do you mean, as the game does not offically allow dual classing of Barbarians at all, the 'dual class' would be cosmetic only. Basically just activating the dual classs button on the character screen.
    Endarire wrote: »

I'll have a look but I'm abit scared to add more mods to an already rickety game. Currently I've gone back to 2.5, even then some of the monsters have mixed up descriptions with spoken text. Looks rediculous but doesn't seem to affect the game.

as long as i get a wee bit of your soul i can come back alive ;)

to add werewolf shapechange abilities go to;
    - open up your save game
    - then open up the character you want to do this to
    - open up innate ( in between memorization and wizard at the top )
    - add spell
    - click on "Resource"
    - then look for SPCL643 for werewolf
    or
    - SPCL644 for greater werewolf
    - then "assign to CHARACTER" - button at the bottom
    - then you will notice for your shapeshift abilities your xMem will be 0 for both
    - so with that go to the right of the page and you will see a "Mem +"
    - click on that to add memorizations of how many times per day you want to be able to use the ability

and then voila, you should be able to use the werewolf shapechanges

Thanks Sarevok - now go to hell. B)
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    Or do you mean, as the game does not offically allow dual classing of Barbarians at all, the 'dual class' would be cosmetic only. Basically just activating the dual classs button on the character screen.
    Barbarians are not allowed to dual-class in the standard rules. However, if you were to change the appropriate .2da files and allow it, it wouldn't break anything. That's just game rules, not any sort of engine limitation. The engine handles it just fine, like any other fighter dual class.

The kit features ... hit dice are locked in when you dual, so it doesn't matter if you change the kit. Rage is a spell, easy enough to grant even if you don't actually have the kit anymore. Physical resistance is a spell effect - same. Only three things will be truly lost - the backstab immunity (need a custom effect there), the armor restriction (irrelevant, since Shapeshifter has a more stringent restriction), and the restriction to no more than specialization in any weapon (you're on the honor system there).

Dual-classing into kits doesn't always work right; certain kit features like altered proficiency limits or reduced backstabs don't work on the second class. No problems for the Shapeshifter, though.
    Just looking at EE keeper, found those resources. But when I add them to the character it doesn't use the magic 'paws' effect that SCS gave to them. Wouldn't know what the code to that is would you?
    Cheers Jmerry, I wonder if the backstab immunity can be addressed. Maybe with near infinity - which I'm too scared to use.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    Just looking at EE keeper, found those resources. But when I add them to the character it doesn't use the magic 'paws' effect that SCS gave to them. Wouldn't know what the code to that is would you?
    Ah, the "improved shapeshifting" component? If you're using that, then it's really easy to simulate the shapeshifter kit without actually having it. Just give the character the following items once you're a druid:
    Level 1: Lesser werewolf token dw#shwe1
    Level 7: Werewolf token dw#shwe2
    Level 13: Greater werewolf token dw#shwe3

Then, of course, you're on the honor system for the kit's drawbacks. Don't wear armor, don't turn into a wolf or bear.

I've built all-werewolf parties around this component; one actual shapeshifter to supply them all. Rather than being only usable by the creator as the description implies, the tokens can be passed around. Any druid, shaman, monk, or rogue with Use Any Item can use the tokens.
    No way, Jmerry. That has all sorts of promising possibilites. I've already found those components but they has a description of the spell Bark skin under the description tab. Says Innate - level 1 - name Greater werewolf token - DW#SHW3. Missing the letter e, so I'm thinking I'm looking in the wrong spot. I tried the item filter and it gives nothing.
    Never mind I found it. Also found the products of a mod that added a whole new type of werewolf. There in the innate ability section with the same names and work like the original shape change but add bonuses to ability scores instead of setting them. Looks interesting.

So all in all, for anyone who checks this thread in the future; for the original concept at the top of the thread it is easier to add the class features to the druid dual class portion as opposed to the barbarian one. Just access EE Keeper and follow the suggestions above. Thanks to all who helped out.