Skip to content

Unable to Use Save Game Files Downloaded from Google Drive

So i have been having computer trouble and as a result constantly copy my bg2 ee save files to my google drive after each session. Recently i messed up a save and decided to download the old copy of it, but after putting it in my save folder, it does not show up in game on the load list... What am i doing wrong to not be able to use these saves?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Make sure you're putting them into the correct folder. Your PC might have a few Documents folders. Eg. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/65867/missing-save-files
  • NezarethNezareth Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the quick response, I am positive I am putting them in the right folder though. I know for a fact its the bg2 saves folder located within the documents section of my PC. I actually tried this first with saves from a couple years ago and sure as rain, they did not allow me to load. Thankfully that was the case then, because this latest playthrough is the most fun i have had, but now im worried these saves will be virtually worthless for replaying down the road, or if something bad happens to my PC.
  • NezarethNezareth Member Posts: 5
    Im doing it this way because I have loads of cloudsaves from old playthroughs, so when i turn cloudsaves on, every time i load it brings up hundreds of old saves no matter how many times i delete them, so im stuck going the old fashioned route, but running into massive problems.