Skip to content

Dealing with fire portal on Boareskyr Bridge (Legacy of Bhaal)

ppbppb Member Posts: 3
I have a big problem here. I am not able to hit the mage even once, not to mention killing her in time. So I accepted I will have to deal with the portal. The problem is that it's a riddiculous fight. There are a bunch of fire and greater fire elementals, which can be hit only with +3 weapons. Summons are a little worthless, because they die instantly. My main tank is able to tank for quite a while, but even Durlags Goblet runs out, if I'm able to kill the enemies only super slowly.

How do I get past this?

Charname is Cavalier. I got Corwin, Glint, M'Kiin, Viconia and Baeloth.
Post edited by NaturalBornKieler on

Comments

• alice_ashpoolalice_ashpool Member Posts: 261
    edited May 2021
    You can disrupt the mage's casting using The Victor, preventing the portal forming.

I've also used detect invisibility + feeblemind (needs 2 casters), and wand of Paralysation - both to get the mage before the portal is summoned. These 2 require some lucky rolls, more so I would guess with the new save-fix.

Have not done any of them in 2.6 but afaik The Victor still works.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    Once the portal is open things will get difficult. I would expect you to be able to tank (remember that with over 100% resistance fire will heal you and you can stack heroism/power potions to boost HPs to make the goblet or greater restoration more effective). However, preventing the mephits from burning the barrels will be hard.

The best solution is to prevent the portal being opened in the first place. Try using the ring of energy on the mage - that bypasses his spell protection and ignores mirrors in order to disrupt his spells (I haven't checked that in the latest game update, but I doubt it's changed).
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    ppb wrote: »
    I have a big problem here. I am not able to hit the mage even once, not to mention killing her in time.

You just have to disrupt her initial spell; it's okay if you don't kill her super quickly.
  • ppbppb Member Posts: 3
    Thanks everybody, disrupting the spell worked, the fight was quite easy