Skip to content

CEP 2.65

13»

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,268
    edited September 2020
    @LEAviles General installation info for Android and all other platforms that support mods can be found here.
  • m_malarikm_malarik Member Posts: 14
    I have just recently updated my module from CEP 2.1c In old NWN to 2.65 Full on NWN:EE. Some things are not working correctly so I'm thinking I did something wrong but don't really know where to start. here is my Custom Content Hak order:

cep2_add_doors
    cep2_add_loads
    cep2_add_phenos1
    cep2_add_phenos2
    cep2_add_phenos3
    cep2_add_phenos4
    cep2_add_phenos5
    cep2_add_reforge
    cep2_add_skies
    cep2_ext_tiles
    cep2_add_tiles1
    cep2_add_tiles2
    cep2_build
    cep2_custom
    cep2_add_races_a
    cep2_add_sb_v1
    cep2_top_2_65
    cep2_core0
    cep2_core1
    cep2_core2
    cep2_core3
    cep2_core4
    cep2_core5
    cep2_core6
    cep2_core7
    cep2_top_2_65

And my Custom Tlk File:
    cep260

My biggest issue is players can no longer craft shield and helmet appearances and the crafting of armor and weapons is no longer showing the cep options.

Also my Femur Club is now a Fish!
  • Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    One question: Do you have any other haks not shown here?

You have the top hak listed twice. I would remove the bottom one. I would also remove the add_forge hak because that will change weapon appearances. Move cep2_add_sb_v1 to the bottom.

Further, you should attempt to merge the BD 2da changes (there are dozens and dozens) so you can have both CEP content and core NW content. baseitems.2da is one of the big ones.
  • m_malarikm_malarik Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2020
    My mistake, there was only 1 top hak, the one at the bottom. Not sure how it got in there twice when typing. Should I move it up? This is everything I have in my custom content tab on module properties.

cep2_add_doors
    cep2_add_loads
    cep2_add_phenos1
    cep2_add_phenos2
    cep2_add_phenos3
    cep2_add_phenos4
    cep2_add_phenos5
    cep2_add_reforge (removed)
    cep2_add_skies
    cep2_ext_tiles
    cep2_add_tiles
    cep2_add_tiles1
    cep2_add_tiles2
    cep2_build
    cep2_custom
    cep2_add_races_a
    cep2_top_2_65
    cep2_core0
    cep2_core1
    cep2_core2
    cep2_core3
    cep2_core4
    cep2_core5
    cep2_core6
    cep2_core7
    cep2_add_sb_v1

And my Custom Tlk File:
    cep260

This is what I actually have now.

Also I do not know what you mean by BD 2da changes and how I would get that.
  • MorganZMorganZ Member Posts: 17
    Hello, im new to the game! I am building my own module from 0 and added CEP because i was looking for more placeable, creatures, etc. But i'm not sure if it is working properly. I see many "*" in the custom content placeable sheet and no objects to put in place... maybe i did something wrong?
    Not sure what you mean by "custom content placeable sheet". Placeables.2da? The appearance dropdown when editing a placeable in the toolset? The custom templates in the right-hand palette?

Many issues are solved by ensuring that the hak order in your modules properties Custom Content tab is exactly as shown in the 2.65 documentation. By design, custom templates don't exist for most appearances - use the appearance dropdown instead. If that's not the issue, please clarify.
  • AflackAflack Member Posts: 1
    Hello! Trying to download CEP 2.65 on my chromebook to play online, but I can't get it to work properly. Can anyone offer advice?
  • MorganZMorganZ Member Posts: 17
    Thank you for the answer proleric, when i said sheet i was meaning TABs.. by the way i've solved my issues and was realted (i think?) to hak order, as you said.
    Aflack wrote: »
    Hello! Trying to download CEP 2.65 on my chromebook to play online, but I can't get it to work properly. Can anyone offer advice?

First, you need a module that uses CEP.

Then, extract the CEP files from the download to the appropriate subfolders of
    Android > Data > com.beamdog.nwnandroid > files > user

as detailed here:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1309774090

If you've done all that, what exactly is not working?
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 326
    I’m getting an error for ambients…it says the file is corrupted when I extract cep
  • Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    Allanon81 wrote: »
    I’m getting an error for ambients…it says the file is corrupted when I extract cep

IIRC, there is only one file for ambient sound and it is by no means crucial or critical. Toss that file. The haks and the tlk is all you really need.
    @Old_Gith Cool thanks. Maybe somebody could shoot me that file? On a side note I like ambients and was looking and looking for a pack or Hak that has ambients and they’re hard to track down. I used to have a mod that had tons of ambients (I think it was project Q) but I read that project Q is no longer supported on latest NWN:EE. ?
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Have you tried the Community Music Pack? It's quite large but like the CEP and project Q it too is not currently supported.

TR
    @TarotRedhand I found this: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwnee/other/patch/community-music-pack-fix-nwnee

Trying to figure out where to put ambient.2da. Override?
    CMP helps builders add music to new and existing modules - it doesn't add anything to the official campaigns. For that reason, the .2da normally goes in the module top hak. If you don't have one, override is fine for testing. If you plan to publish, using override is generally considered bad practice.
    Have you tried the Community Music Pack? It's quite large but like the CEP and project Q it too is not currently supported.

TR

To be clear, CEP and CMP work fine in EE modules (not sure about Q). They're only "unsupported" in the sense that the authors are not currently offering bug fixes (and that might change soon). Meanwhile the community offers pretty good support here, and at the Vault.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @Proleric That is what I have always understood unsupported to mean. i.e. No new bug fixes (until an EE version comes along :) ).

TR
    @Proleric @TarotRedhand A little aside in relation to CEP and CMP. Is my userpatch.ini in good order? .txt file name for uploading at bottom of discussion:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/82171/nwn-ee-modding#latest