Skip to content

Help With EE Oddity Requested (Possible Bug?) [Fixed]

TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
Game:

The current stable release of NwN EE.

Tileset:

The LOK Dungeon (ctp_dungeon_lok.hak), part of the Community Tileset Project.

What I did:

Basically I extracted the textures from the hack, added “fancy maps” maps to all but 2 (just coloured, no markings) of them and put them into a new hak that is placed above the original hak. While this appeared to work well some of the textures needed to be adjusted (mostly darken/lighten). It is now looking quite good apart from one oddity I don’t understand. Two of the tiles of the LOK Dungeon have free standing jail cells in them. These are 10x10 metres in size with bars all around and a barred gate/door.Now here is the oddity. When first opened in the toolset these “cages” look like this -

jnbijanuinjh.png

As you can see, for some reason the gate is totally black. Yet when I open the properties for the gate -

3f5fzxt8xxvj.png

The preview window shows the gate correctly coloured. Then when I close the properties window -

b0itfs7a8pfm.png

the gate appears coloured correctly even if slightly dark. So I save at this point. However in game -

qh9zi7rliwez.png

the gate is still black! For reference here is how the gate looks in game using just the original hak -

yu951jigjrar.png

which doesn’t suffer from this problem. Also for reference here are the contents of a typical materials file used -
renderhint NormalAndSpecMapped
texture0 tcdl0_wallgen_d 
texture1 tcdl0_wallgen_n
texture2 tcdl0_wallgen_s
texture3 null
texture4 tcdl0_wallgen_h
texture5 null

So anyone got any ideas? Is this a bug in EE? Any help gratefully accepted.

TR
Post edited by TarotRedhand on

Comments

• SymphonySymphony Member, Developer Posts: 142
    The lack of texture on the side braces is pretty suspicious.

I would say that this is an .mdl problem that degraded the appearance of your door before, and now suffers more with more accurate systems.

Can you include the .mdl for the door?
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Sorry about that. It is now fixed. It is down to PBR only working on uncompiled models. While I was trying to not disturb the original haks, I had to extract and decompile the doors' (there turned out to be 2 different models). I included them in my hak and posted the result on the vault as -

Experiment to Add Fancy Maps (PBR) to an Existing Tileset (EE Only)

Thanks.

TR