Skip to content

Is there a way for me to export my characters somewhere other than my hard drive or the cloud?

My computer had to be completely reset and the cloud saves were no longer there when I restored my computer. Is there a way for me to save them on a USB drive or better yet a DVD?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    you can easily save them on a USB, you can just transfer your save file on to a stick, or export your character folders on to a USB stick as well

( although by default exported characters will always export to the original character file so any new characters that you export you will have to manually transfer over to a USB )
  • 20884322088432 Member Posts: 229
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    you can easily save them on a USB, you can just transfer your save file on to a stick, or export your character folders on to a USB stick as well

( although by default exported characters will always export to the original character file so any new characters that you export you will have to manually transfer over to a USB )

How do I do that?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    It's just a file (two, actually). Wherever your "save" folder is, there should also be a folder for "characters". Copy the __.chr and __.bio files for whichever exported character you're interested in to anywhere else and do what you want with it.
    where are the folders that the files are in though? I have no 'save' or character file that I can see. I installed it from steam and its in its program 86x >steam>steamapps etc folder but I can't find any of these things in the baldur's gate ii enhanced edition folder in steam apps
    and what will the format be for tha character files?
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,317
    edited May 2021
    By default the save files (along with character information, portraits and screenshots) are in >documents>Baldurs Gate II - Enhanced Edition

Character files are .bio and .chr which are read by the game engine