Skip to content

Globaltimers Obsolete for Spell timer ?.

NK1990NK1990 Member Posts: 75
Are globaltimers for spell cast timers even necessary when we have CheckStatGT(Myself,0,AURACLEANSING). Because I saw it was common in pre-made scripts with a globaltimer one_round, and to me it just seems to be slowing the script actions a lot. Like the PC with it on were freezing up, standing around doing nothing, acting weird in some places of the game, and working fine in others. With it off and only the checkstatGT on, it seems to work as intended. If I create my own globals for different stuff like multiple gateways before a final positive, the game does not react correctly on that either, it just freezes up.

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Not having the timer locks them into a new action as soon as they finish casting the previous, preventing them from taking other actions in the interim.
    The timer allows other script blocks to run up until the timer expires and a new spell is capable of being cast.
  • NK1990NK1990 Member Posts: 75
    Yeah I know what a timer does and it was needed in Bg2 original, but it functions better without, in Bg2 EE, the script runs smoother.
  • NK1990NK1990 Member Posts: 75
    kjeron wrote: »
    Not having the timer locks them into a new action as soon as they finish casting the previous, preventing them from taking other actions in the interim.
    The timer allows other script blocks to run up until the timer expires and a new spell is capable of being cast.

You were right it did not work without the timers.