Skip to content

Black screen in watcher tower map

The recent update for BG 2 is very good. But I found when I get to watcher tower map, it is totally black screem. What happens ? I haven't tried it in TOB yet, but in BG2, it is black creen. I am using Samsung Galaxy note.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Can you please report it at support.baldursgate.com for investigation?

Include information about your OS, device, as well as the zip of your save, and details whether this game was started in the 2.5 version or the 1.3 version.
  • Cyruschen0112Cyruschen0112 Member Posts: 55
    Seems the problem disappeared. Even I don't know why.
  • NoctroNoctro Member Posts: 3
    Having the same problem, tried a different renderer and restarted the game, no luck.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited February 2019
    I encountered it too, for me this seems to happen when I travel to Watcher's Keep from the Wild Forest or the Hidden Refuge. When I first go back to the Slums and initiate travel from there, the Watcher's Keep map loads just fine.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    I just encountered this exact same bug using 2.5 (I have not yet upgraded to 2.6).

1. Entering the wild mage camp from Watcher's Keep for the first time since it reset after rescuing Draxus gives a black screen where no movement is possible.
    2. Entering the Wild Forest from Watcher's Keep also after rescuing Draxus gives a normal screen, but characters are stuck in the far southwest corner and cannot move and the 2 squirrels turning into ogres polymorph trap triggers and Neera comments, even though this is 1.2 way across the map.

I entered from City Gates and all is ok. It seems connected to the Watcher's Keep transition to the new Neera areas, but after they reset during the quest line.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    This bug is fixed in 2.6.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    Good to hear @JuliusBorisov !

Another reason to go ahead and upgrade it seems.