Skip to content

Branwen for BG2 Mod - possible to give her the Priest of Tempus kit?

OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it was possible to give Branwen the Priest of Tempus kit that she has in BG1. If I was to try this at home, would opening the mod folder and editing her o#bran25.cre file with EE Keeper or Near Infinity do the trick (before installing the mod, of course)? Or would that result in quirkiness?

@jastey I am tagging you here as you seem to be maintaining the mod, but I apologize if being tagged is annoying. I'm sure other players/modders may have advice on this, too.

Best wishes,
~O

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited June 2021
    Tagging me for a mod I maintain is appreciated.
    Any kit changes to the cre in the mod folder before the installation of the mod would result of the changes being in the game. (Upon installation, the cre gets patched with the sounds, death avriable, dialogue and scripts). For kulyok's Branwen mod that would be o#bran.cre for the SoA parts and o#bran25.cre for the (new) ToB game.
    I have no idea how you'd have to change a kit with EE Keeper so it will be consistend and work, though.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Thank you for your response, @jastey, and wow, that was fast. And also: thanks for your work in the modding community. Your efforts at improving these games for all of us are appreciated.

If editing a file is problematic, how would replacing the whole file work? I.e creating a new Priest of Tempus character from scratch, replicating Branwen's stats, etc.. Do you think this would be a better idea?
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    @OrlonKronsteen creating a new cre would probably set the kit right. The only thing one needs to consider is: to remove the "Eport allowed" flag from the cre, and also the "Bhaal Spawn powers" (the latter can be prevented by creating a cre in multiplayer mode). I think that was all to make a newly created cre ready to be an NPC.
    Isn't there some kind of Level1NPC mod for the EE, too? I keep forgetting which one it is, and I also don't know whether it considers Branwen.

Thanks for the kind words!
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited June 2021
    @jastey https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/NPC_EE by Subtledoctor is it and has a component for Branwen to turn her into F/C. The kits are picked ingame though so it already covers the kitchange without any change required on your side.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

I don't know if this helps the thread starter at all, but the Deities of Faerun mod turns her into a Battleguard of Tempus:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/69241/kit-pack-deities-of-faerun-v-1-9-7-5-1-53-cleric-kits-and-more-for-iwd-bg-2-ee-and-eet/p1
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    Level 1 NPCs will also work.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    NPC EE also lets you change recruitable NPC stats, kits, and characters in general - if I understand things correctly.