Skip to content

New maximum Magic Resistance cap / nerf of 65% ?!

I used to be able to get my magic resistance above 65% with equipment, innate abilities (tear of Bhaal, Machine of Lum), potions, spells, etc. Now no matter what I do it won't exceed 65%. When did this change occur? I am playing on Insane Difficulty. There are no caps for the other attack types (fire, cold, acid, poison, electricity, magic damage).

I am not happy about this change. Could someone please make a tweak to undo it? What's next -- will the developers nerf saving throws by hardcoding a minimum lower limit of say, 6? This is ridiculous. Developers should realize that nerfing player abilities -- reducing the existing or future power of player's characters (that they've spend days of their life building up) by removing previously coded functionality that matches PNP rules, is a much worse practice than just beefing up some mobs for said characters to fight.

I wish there was some way I could select which EE version to download from BeamDog...

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    first of all what class/items/abilities are you using to get 65 %?

now if i had to guess, you are a paladin, with the holy avenger, +10% MR from hell, +5% from MoLtM, 10% from ring of gaxx, 10% from amulet of whatevs and 5% from the full plate +3 that gives 5%

which would equal a total of 90%

now if this is the case, this has always been this way, but there is a caveat around it, so first what is happening is the items of MR are not stacking with the holy avenger, everytime you unequip and re equip the holy avenger its going to go down to 65% ( only the hell trial and MoLtM MR stacks no matter what )

to get that extra 25% you need to re equip the ring/necklace and armor and boom you will be back to 90%

for for sake of ease in my game, i just set both versions of the holy avenger so instead of the "set MR" i gave it the "add MR" attribute so i wouldn't have to unequip and re equip items every time i loaded the game

now, if this is indeed your problem, i have a file here that you can unzip, throw the 2 items files in your over ride folder, and it will solve your problem for ya
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    fewerlaws wrote: »
    I wish there was some way I could select which EE version to download from BeamDog...

There is. There are a few options;
    61y2sba5vktq.png

• DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    Beamdog fix lots of exploits, like blade off spin and haste, but the set x to y abilities never fixed. If its works as intented i think when you use the carsomyr it should fix your mr and doesnt matter how much other items apply in top of that, you should stuck with that mr.
  • fewerlawsfewerlaws Member Posts: 23
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    now, if this is indeed your problem, i have a file here that you can unzip, throw the 2 items files in your over ride folder, and it will solve your problem for ya

That was my problem. Thank you for pointing it out, and thank you very much sarevok57 for the override solution!
  • fewerlawsfewerlaws Member Posts: 23
    Skatan wrote: »
    There is. There are a few options;

Cool! Thanks for pointing that out!
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    fewerlaws wrote: »
    sarevok57 wrote: »

That was my problem. Thank you for pointing it out, and thank you very much sarevok57 for the override solution!

you are welcome good buddy :)