Skip to content

The Undying Mod BG2:EE Compatible

Comments

• zelurkerzelurker Member Posts: 168
    ps : I reloaded the save where she joins the group to find how it begins :
    just take her main long sword from her inventory and put it back in her hand. You hear her screaming as soon as you put the sword back, see in the console "hurt", and after that even if you don't touch the sword anymore, it happens regularly...
    Bug, bug, bug....
  • TrumanTruman Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2018
    Read your comment. From my stand point, i'm somewhat glad you are having a problem with Ninafer. I posted the same comment several years ago on the Chosen of Mystra (COM) web site. It was still active at the time. The response i got was less than i hoped for. I tried looking at the codeing for the NPC and the weapon. It all looked right to me, but, on the other hand i'm not much of a coder. The other problem i had, was, when i reached the Reputation level of 19, Ninafer would say, "I can no longer travel with you." That comment is better coming from an Evil NPC, not a Lawful Neutral one.
    To put it simply, something is wrong with the NPC, and it has been wrong for many, many years. Personally i gave up on correcting whatever the problem is. Install the component, NPC's can complain, but never leave. I can't remember who does that, but it is out there. With regard to her sword, keep it in an inventory slot and never wield it. Keeping it in a readied weapon slot is how you keep taking damage, even though you never use it. If you drop it on the ground, she will eventually gain another one. it truely is the proverbial bad penny.
    Before anyone asks about what other mods are installed, i thought about that years ago and started a new install and only installed The Undying. I had exactly the same result.
    Post edited by Truman on
  • QbaQba Member Posts: 7
    Hi, I played the game with Callisto in my party. Now I am on chapter 7 and just before entering Suldanessellar Callisto initate dialog how she can;t take living like this anymore (too much voices in her head it looks like) and then she attacks party. I tried to reason with her, but it looks like all the dialog options lead to fight.

So did anyone else finished game with her? Is this how author of the mod intended it - she is supposed to go crazy eventually - or am I doing something wrong?
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    If memory serves me, that is how I wrote it. I tried to make her a tragic figure. She's a bad guy with a conscience in the end. Calli has come to realize that she has become the thing she hates, a monster, the same kind of monster that had killed her family and wiped out her village. Since she couldn't deal with what she became, she took the easy way out, suicide by cop.
    Raduziel
  • QbaQba Member Posts: 7
    Thkans for answer, I was kind of suspecting that, considering all of her dialogs in the game it makes perfect sense. I just wish I didn;t have too fight final boss without my tank, but i guess it just the charm of bg games.
    Raduziel
    Version 3 update. Reorganizing my files so I can get back on track. Fixed the broken image links at my forum for Version 3 screenshots and added 3 more of Encounter "Y". baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=8187.0
    AedanRVNSsaber0
  • RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
    NICE!
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    edited September 2018
    I'm confused.
    The V3 is still not finished? Because the download link is for 2.53
    I'd really like to play with Taer Onyx.

As a matter of fact I'd really like a dwarven city to explore.
    Post edited by Phælin on
    Yeah version three is not finished, still being worked on.
    MateoFrozenMiridor
  • JarinexJarinex Member Posts: 46
    I nearly forgot that you were working on this. Glad to see you are coming back to play around with your old mods again :smiley:
    Aedan
  • MiridorMiridor Member Posts: 90
    Wow! Looks impressive. Hope you get around to finishing it @CoM_Solaufein
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    jqspin wrote: »
    Another problem that has come up is that it seems her +3 sword Vigilance causes her to take 2 damage frequently.

I'm having this exact same problem - it happens whenever she equips the sword or I just happen to click on it to attack.

Is there a simple hotfix file that I can download and place in my override folder to fix this?

I would really like to play this mod in earnest, but this issue is a bit of a deterrent.
    Other than the Ninafer dialog problem, need people who are playing this to report problems with this mod. I want 2.5 version problems fixed because I want version 3 near perfection when I get it done.

See my prior post.
  • Eltharion1979Eltharion1979 Member Posts: 92
    Hello, I add the mod, Iook forward to check it. But one question, where is Ninafer? Location? Thank you, take care.
    brunardo
    Hello, I add the mod, Iook forward to check it. But one question, where is Ninafer? Location? Thank you, take care.
    The Copper Coronet.
    I experienced a problem with the Undying mod 2.53 in BG:EE where Calisto fires of her banters all at once when she's recruited.

I'm encountering this as well. Such a shame, as I really would like to give this mod an earnest go.
  • CeleriokCeleriok Member Posts: 12
    None of the links are working. Also I have to remark that in the description should figure the language available at issue.
    Waiting for my domain to renew. I almost let it expired.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Glad to hear it's coming back online ^_^
    Hello,

Any update on this mod?
    Casts resurrection Images of V3
    SharGuidesMyHandkn37
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @CoM_Solaufein
    What about uploading the code to GitHub so it's kept safely for you indefinitely?
    First thing I'm doing is since this mod will be using area resources from IWD and PST, I'm going to use the EE versions of the TIS and MOS files. So time will be spent extracting those files and renaming them to the appropriate name in the mod and its a boring tedious job so far. :/
    SharGuidesMyHand
    edited August 2020

Since this project has been revived, I was wondering if you've been able to work on these bugs related to Ninafer and Callisto, respectively:
    zelurker wrote: »
    just take her main long sword from her inventory and put it back in her hand. You hear her screaming as soon as you put the sword back, see in the console "hurt", and after that even if you don't touch the sword anymore, it happens regularly...
    I experienced a problem with the Undying mod 2.53 in BG:EE where Calisto fires of her banters all at once when she's recruited. Will this be fixed if I apply the BigWorldFixpack as you described?

Thanks.
    edited August 2020
    Since this project has been revived, I was wondering if you've been able to work on these bugs related to Ninafer and Callisto, respectively:
    zelurker wrote: »
    I experienced a problem with the Undying mod 2.53 in BG:EE where Calisto fires of her banters all at once when she's recruited. Will this be fixed if I apply the BigWorldFixpack as you described?

Thanks.

@CoM_Solaufein

If it's helpful at all, the Callisto dialogue bug seems to trigger as soon as she leaves the outside area of the Promenade (where you find her) and enters either a building or another area.

Post edited by SharGuidesMyHand on
    edited August 2020
    I experienced a problem with the Undying mod 2.53 in BG:EE where Calisto fires of her banters all at once when she's recruited.

@CoM_Solaufein

I think I've found a sort-of solution, or at least an explanation, for the dialogues firing off.

First, I'll point out that if you pick up Ninafer, she'll eventually start doing the same thing.

However, it seems that the issue can be resolved (at least for a time) by having your charname speak to whoever's dialogue is firing off. It seems that the issue is that the character is supposed to speak a specific line of dialogue to the charname but something is preventing it from triggering on its own, which then causes the character to rifle through every other line of dialogue as though she's "searching" for the correct one. Speaking to the character will get her to say the "correct" line, after which she'll be quiet for a time, but will eventually start acting up again the next time she has something to say to charname.

Hope this helps.

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @CoM_Solaufein
    Greetings, Sol!

How fares progress on v3 of this mod?

Any news?
  • Fishmalk_1Fishmalk_1 Member Posts: 57
    I am also looking forward to version 3. The previews on teambg are both ambitious and promising.

For feedback:
    • Ninas sword damages her when equipped, blocked by Stoneskin. I assume this is a bug.
    • The new tavern should have a map marker. I found it only by complete accident.
    • The ghosts in the graveyard that use Wail of the Banshee should be removed. Virtually harmless for a player with Death Ward, and extremely irritating if the player does not know to have Death Ward ready. As an addition to an early-game area with staple early-game quests, I do not think they are appropriate or beneficial.
    • The Haunts in the temple sewers carry far too much loot. 10 diamonds and Skin of the Ghoul is excessive.
    • The dwarf trio is an interesting fight. They're a bit overtuned with SCS, but that's what it takes to make plain fighters a threat in BG2.
    • Callisto's voice clips are overall very good. call30 is the one that I think could use some revising, because its length and the pause between lines makes the background music from the clip very apparent, unlike the rest of her responses.
    • The items and vendors could stand a lot of culling. Most of the added items aren't really interesting, just horribly overpowered for how quickly and cheaply they can be obtained. Having to ignore just about every item added by the mod is more self-policing than is reasonable.
    • A few of them, like Arcanum, are really cool in addition to being overpowered, and deserve better than being stolen from a shopkeeper in the first hour of chapter 2. Give them to enemies, make them part of quests.
    • Outside their personal gear, Nina and Callisto are extremely reasonable as recruitable NPCs, but their personal gear is patently excessive for what NPCs should join with at that stage in the game. Make the player earn their unique items, be it through their quests and/or upgrading into their current incarnations from weaker starting items.

SharGuidesMyHandlunarCoM_Solaufein
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    ^ I agree with %100, and I edited those things in my own game localy. I changed those ghosts into birds and pheasants in the graveyard. I deleted excesive loot from the haunts. And nerfed some overpowered items.

Calisto's dialogue file is also bugged and her dialogue timers are weird and all over the place. She fires all of her dialogues with bio npcs instantly after joining and making an area transition.
    CoM_Solaufein