Skip to content

[MOD] Siege of Dragonspear 2 Baldur's Gate2:EE Item Upgrade - v2.0.5 released!

Comments

• Daeros_TrollkillerDaeros_Trollkiller Member Posts: 325
    I can state that plainly, its compatible with both. I didn't run into any issues during testing.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
    edited June 2021
    @Daeros_Trollkiller

Hiho First of all Congratulations on your Release of 2.0.0 :)
    I already looked into some of the new Items in BG2 EE using EE Keeper and i really like the Unique and Detailed Icons you created for the Armor and Weapons.

I did a complete Reinstall of my BGEE Mod Setup cause i want to incoperate the Mod Component of your mod which provides the Game with IWD Items and New Spells.

I got an Installation Error unfortunately and since i also visit the Gibberlings3 Site i found out that another User encountered a similar Installation Error as me.

I looked into which mod conflicts with yours and it is LavaDelVortel's Shades of the Swordcoast Mod.

I am not sure if it would be easier for you or LavaDelVortel to make the Mods compatible with each other but if i may i would make a request to make them compatible if possible. Maybe you can look over it when you release the next Patch? I would highly appreciate it cause i would like playing with both Mods. Yours and his Mod are both outstanding Mods and i would like to incoperate them in all of my Future Playthroughs :)

From the Weidu Log:

ERROR: internal label [22] appears 2 times in processed DLG [TAEROM]
    ERROR: postprocessing [TAEROM]: Failure("cannot resolve label")
    Stopping installation because of error.
    ERROR Installing [Add Icewind Dale items and new spells to Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Siege of Dragonspear?], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 1299 files for [sod2bg2_iu\sod2bg2_iu.tp2] component 29.
    Uninstalled 1299 files for [sod2bg2_iu\sod2bg2_iu.tp2] component 29.
    ERROR: Failure("cannot resolve label")
    Please make a backup of the file: Setup-sod2bg2_iu.debug and look for support at: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/forum/214-sod-to-bg2ee-item-upgrade/
    Automatically Skipping [Add Icewind Dale items and new spells to Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Siege of Dragonspear?] because of error.
    Using Language [English]
    [.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 73685 string entries
    NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Add Icewind Dale items and new spells to Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Siege of Dragonspear?

I've got a fix for this already done, but the issue is a conflict with one of your other mods. Sorry!
  • unknownunknown Member Posts: 11
    Could it be the Artisan's kitpack? Specifically the element that installs the Rashemi berzerker kit for Minsc? I note that it edits taeroms dialogue.

I've been having the same issue...
  • Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
    edited June 2021
    I've got a fix for this already done, but the issue is a conflict with one of your other mods. Sorry!

I made a new Install of BGEE just only with your Mod and Lava's Shades of the Swordcoast but i still get the Error Unfortunately :(

Maybe it has something to do with the Game Version? I still play on 2.5 cause i want to wait till all my favourite Mods are updated before i upgrade.

Maybe the Install Order matters here?

I provide my Full Weidu Log :)
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    edited June 2021
    Congrats on the release, looking forward to playing it
  • stewelementstewelement Member Posts: 51
    @Wutan1988 I was unaware of Shades of the Sword Coast, and it looks right up my alley, so I grabbed it. I installed it after this mod and all appears well. Try uninstalling Shades, then installing Daeros' mod, then reinstall Shades.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    edited June 2021
    @Daeros_Trollkiller I'm not sure it this is intentional or simple omission, but I think while you brought back the "Corny Jokes" effect to Jester's Bracers, you forgot to add the following line to the item description:
    – Wearer is forced to tell corny jokes

I'm translating your mod now and just noticed this discrepancy vs original SoD lines. Since this component was brought back at some point, I figured you just forgot to add this line back to item description.

EDIT: I also notice a significant number of double spaces in the text. You may want to clean it up for next release (a simple CTRL+F with replacing a space with blank should work).
  • ShirakShirak Member Posts: 84
    Hi @Daeros_Trollkiller, congratulations on the release of the updated mod!

I notice that you've added in numerous components from IWD. Could I kindly check if there is any conflict with the established IWD-related mods such as IWDification or Trials of the Luremaster?
    With only two exceptions, I bring them over exactly as-is from IWD, with a check in place to see the item is already present first. For the two exceptions, I modify the existing file for a small bump in power.
    Cahir wrote: »
    @Daeros_Trollkiller I'm not sure it this is intentional or simple omission, but I think while you brought back the "Corny Jokes" effect to Jester's Bracers, you forgot to add the following line to the item description:

I'm translating your mod now and just noticed this discrepancy vs original SoD lines. Since this component was brought back at some point, I figured you just forgot to add this line back to item description.

EDIT: I also notice a significant number of double spaces in the text. You may want to clean it up for next release (a simple CTRL+F with replacing a space with blank should work).

Thank you Cahir, I will check into the bracer text for that and correct it. For the double spaces you are mentioning, do these come after a period? The way I learned to type, you always double space when starting a new sentence.
    Wutan1988 wrote: »

I made a new Install of BGEE just only with your Mod and Lava's Shades of the Swordcoast but i still get the Error Unfortunately :(

Maybe it has something to do with the Game Version? I still play on 2.5 cause i want to wait till all my favourite Mods are updated before i upgrade.

Maybe the Install Order matters here?

I provide my Full Weidu Log :)

It appears to to be the same issue, a conflict with another mod. This, however is 100% my fault, easily fixed, and I've already fixed it for 2.0.1.

I assumed there would be some kinks to work out, so I am hoping to roll them all up into a quick update after you all have had a chance to play this.
    Wutan1988
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    edited June 2021

Thank you Cahir, I will check into the bracer text for that and correct it. For the double spaces you are mentioning, do these come after a period? The way I learned to type, you always double space when starting a new sentence.

Yes, these usually come after period. It's a common sight in mod .tra files. I'm unsure how exactly this looks in game. It's possible that it is displayed perfectly correct. If that is the case, you can ignore this ;)

Yes, these usually come after period. It's a common sight in mod .tra files. I'm unsure how exactly this looks in game. It's possible that it is displayed perfectly correct. If that is the case, you can ignore this ;)

To me personally, it looks normal, but I do want to be consistent with existing text in the game as well. I will have to go back and do some comparisons to see, and correct as needed.

edited June 2021
    Documentation is coming along, I've completed a good bit of it, and I have also been fixing some issues I've found while working on said documentation. My plan is to roll it all out at once with an update to the mod that addresses these issues.

The biggest issue it will address is the install error when used with other mods that add to Taerom Thunderhammer's dialogue. The rest are minor tweaks, corrections, consistency changes and typo fixes.

After this, I plan to go back to my other mod, EE Cosmetic Enhancements, and update it for 2.6 and to work better with this mod's update as well. This should give you all some time to play with the mod using the spoilers and help find any other issues that need fixing.

GusindaWutan1988Aerakar
  • ZeshinXZeshinX Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2021
    Noticed Thunder Thrust is described as a 6th level spell, but appears on the list of 5th level spells once learned and occupies a 5th level spell slot. Guessing something's not right lol ;)
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited June 2021
    Hey Daeros! I am really excited to try this mod after watching @JuliusBorisov use it in his run.

I have a problem installing it though; it won't install over SCS due to some kind of error the installer is throwing. What should I do? Uninstall SCS (Ugh!) and install this before it?

The error looks something like this:
    ERROR: cannot convert %idpro237% or %%idpro237%% to an integer
    ERROR: [sod2bg2_iu/iwdresource/spl/sppr112.spl] -> [override/dtkdglor.spl] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

If I were to guess, this has something to do with the IWD spells component of SCS.

EDIT: Being impatient, I decided to try installing again. This time I removed the existing idpro237.pro file from my overrides folder. The installer worked successfully this time! Not sure if removing the file was what did it or not, though. I did put the file back into overrides afterwards.
    Post edited by Tresset on
    Tresset wrote: »
    Hey Daeros! I am really excited to try this mod after watching @JuliusBorisov use it in his run.

I have a problem installing it though; it won't install over SCS due to some kind of error the installer is throwing. What should I do? Uninstall SCS (Ugh!) and install this before it?

The error looks something like this:
    ERROR: cannot convert %idpro237% or %%idpro237%% to an integer
    ERROR: [sod2bg2_iu/iwdresource/spl/sppr112.spl] -> [override/dtkdglor.spl] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

If I were to guess, this has something to do with the IWD spells component of SCS.

EDIT: Being impatient, I decided to try installing again. This time I removed the existing idpro237.pro file from my overrides folder. The installer worked successfully this time! Not sure if removing the file was what did it or not, though. I did put the file back into overrides afterwards.

Thank you! I hope you like the mod. In the meantime, could you please send me the exact error message? It should be located in the "SETUP-SOD2BG2_IU.DEBUG" file in your BG2 folder

I'm surprised you are getting this error, I thought I had checks in place for this, and looking at the TP2....I'm not seeing the problem. Essentially it's telling you it can't modify the spell it's trying to modify because it can't find the specified projectile.......which I have a check in place to ensure is present... very odd.

I will probably just go about doing this a different way in the update I release with the documentation. It would be easy enough to do.
    edited June 2021
    @Daeros_Trollkiller sure, I made sure to save the debug file just in case you wanted it. Have my Weidu log too, just in case. I also installed a couple of my own mods and some of Argent77's QoL improvers, but I doubt they would interfere with this.
    @Daeros_Trollkiller sure, I made sure to save the debug file just in case you wanted it. Have my Weidu log too, just in case. I also installed a couple of my own mods and some of Argent77's QoL improvers, but I doubt they would interfere with this.

Thank you, this confirmed what I was thinking, though it still doesn't make sense as to why. Nevertheless, instead of fighting with it, I went a different route, created a new projectile with my prefix, and no longer relying on that one. I've already got the fix in for the update I'll be sending out with documentation.
    Hey folks, documentation is all done. I'm fixing and adjusting a few things that have been reported, and that I discovered during documenting. Once done, I will be releasing 2.1, with the fixes, fully documented.

It's going to be 2.1.0 instead of 2.0.1 as I initially thought as there will be some new items included. Things that were meant to be in 2.0, but I had forgotten about or overlooked.
    ThrasymachusStummvonBordwehrTimbo0o0o0
    Oh, in case you didn't see it yet, Thunder Thrust appears to use the wrong Parameter 2 for its Knockout effect. Affected targets will wake if they take damage, and I assume that you don't want that...
    The resource "BDBLUN07.spl" is missing from your mod. This is what gives the backwhacker its added effect of knocking out enemies on a backstab. Without it, the backwhacker cannot KO anyone.
    The resource "BDBLUN07.spl" is missing from your mod. This is what gives the backwhacker its added effect of knocking out enemies on a backstab. Without it, the backwhacker cannot KO anyone.

Thank you, I've fixed it for the update.
  • ZeshinXZeshinX Member Posts: 88
    Noticed with the Verdant Shadow Dragon Plate -> Umbral Viridescent Dragon Plate that the acid resistance actually goes down, not up (as the description suggests it improves the acid resistance).

Haven't tested it in game, just noticed it while perusing all the variations of that armor in EEKeeper.
    ZeshinX wrote: »
    Noticed with the Verdant Shadow Dragon Plate -> Umbral Viridescent Dragon Plate that the acid resistance actually goes down, not up (as the description suggests it improves the acid resistance).

Haven't tested it in game, just noticed it while perusing all the variations of that armor in EEKeeper.

One of the things I've corrected for the next update.
    ZeshinX
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    This is a wonderful mod -- thanks so much for it!

However, I'm using v.2.0 in BG2 (v.2.6.6.) right now and have encountered a few issues.
    First, the forced import of items from SoD did not work for me. (The items were not imported -- I had to console them in at the appropriate points in the game instead.)
    Second, Carsomyr was not in Firkraag's loot. I'm not sure if this was intentional. (I actually just rolled with this, given how over-powered the sword is.)
    Third, the "Devouring Darkness" (cleric) spell does not work. When cast, nothing happens.

Thanks again for the mod! I hope you find these notes helpful. :smile:

However, I'm using v.2.0 in BG2 (v.2.6.6.) right now and have encountered a few issues.
    First, the forced import of items from SoD did not work for me. (The items were not imported -- I had to console them in at the appropriate points in the game instead.)
    Second, Carsomyr was not in Firkraag's loot. I'm not sure if this was intentional. (I actually just rolled with this, given how over-powered the sword is.)
    Third, the "Devouring Darkness" (cleric) spell does not work. When cast, nothing happens.

Hello and thank you for your feedback! answers in spoiler:

Did you start a new game after installing the mod? The forced items will not show up in existing saves.

This is intentional, it is now a random 50/50 chance between it and the Aster's Edge +3

I just tested this on a clean 2.6 install and cannot replicate, it performs as it should.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    Thanks for your answers! The forced import was installed before starting a new game.
    The character was imported from a completed SoD save file.

Hello and thank you for your feedback! answers in spoiler:

Did you start a new game after installing the mod? The forced items will not show up in existing saves.

This is intentional, it is now a random 50/50 chance between it and the Aster's Edge +3

I just tested this on a clean 2.6 install and cannot replicate, it performs as it should.

Regarding Devouring Darkness, The effects of the spell are set to a minimum level of 25 (both the spell and item version). This causes SEVERE issues for clerics with the spell that are under level 25. First of all, the spell does nothing. Second, my game would crash to desktop every time I rested while my cleric had damage as long as the spell was even known (it did not even need to be memorized to cause the crash). For this spell to function properly, the effects should have a minimum level of 1.

This crashing proved VERY frustrating while I was doing Watcher's Keep, as I had a lot of trouble pinning down the issue.

Otherwise, I am enjoying your mod very much! I must admit, though, that I haven't been using the new spells much as many of them (mainly the mage ones) seem to be extremely OP for their level.

Overall, though, an excellent mod, and one I would have trouble playing without in the future!
    JuliusBorisovAerakarArvia