Skip to content

How plausible is it to dual-class a thief into another class after they get their first HLA?

Assuming I'm carrying them through BG1 through ToB with a no level cap mod.

No SoD, as I'm only playing the 1.3 version of the game.

At about what point would I expect to hit 3 mil experience and when would you estimate that I'd be getting my original class back?

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    A thief reaches level 24 and gets HLAs at 3080000 experience. If you dual-class them to a mage, they'll reach level 25 with another 5250000 experience. If you dual-class them to a fighter, they'll reach level 25 with another 4000000 experience. If you dual-class them to a cleric, they'll reach level 25 with another 3825000 experience.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    edited June 2021
    Ordinarily, in a 6-person run where you aren't playing any of the usual games to exploit the XP system, you'd get your first HLA shortly after defeating Irenicus and wouldn't recover your thief abilities until the last 1/4 of Throne of Bhaal. So, not optimal at all from the point of view of actually enjoying the run.

But if you are diligent about leveraging XP exploits, you can get your thief abilities back earlier than that. The question is always, how much patience/willingness do you have to grind XP and level yourself up beyond what the devs intended? The more tedium you're willing to endure the faster the recovery will be.
  • Axl_KrowAxl_Krow Member Posts: 69
    Got it. I kinda figured

Thanks guys!