Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

When do you reach the exp cap?

I have finished SoD (Core) the third time with a 6 man party today and still didn't hit the exp cap for my Charname at the end of the game. In my first two runs, I must have missed some quests/choices, but this time I was keeping tabs with 3 separate walkthroughs to ensure I don't miss any quests and exp.

I am reading some posts on how many are able to reach the exp cap with a 6 man party by the end of Chapter 10, but here I am falling short of the cap even after the final battle. The only battle I "skipped" was the Bridgefort Siege (FPS issue) but that accounts for hardly 2k per person.

Am I missing something or is some grinding required with rest spawns etc. to reach the cap? I know that the ToB cap is very hard to reach without doing some scribing/rest grinds. Was wondering whether it is the same for SoD. And could someone share some exp benchmarks for Charname at the start of the chapters?

Mine is as follows -

Chapter 8 - 185k
Chapter 9 - 230k
Chapter 10 - 290k
Chapter 11 - 420k
Chapter 12 - 450k
Chapter 13 (Prison) - 490k

Skatan

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,811
    i've only ever had 2 full play throughs of SoD and i hit the cap easily, and the first time i played i did it without a guide

i believe they both happened in and around the same spot im just trying to think because i don't know the game that well...

i believe when i hit the cap i was in some underground area, apparently looking for some dragon something er rather? i believe it was just before some huge ass fight where literally a bajillion baddies warp in and apparently you are supposed to run away or some such ( wish i knew the that the first time, because it take many tries to win against that army, although ironically the second time i think i still took them out just for spite )

so im not sure where that is specifically but i know it happened before going to hell i believe

StummvonBordwehrShadowBlazeSkatanJuliusBorisov
  • ShadowBlazeShadowBlaze Member Posts: 41
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    i've only ever had 2 full play throughs of SoD and i hit the cap easily, and the first time i played i did it without a guide

i believe they both happened in and around the same spot im just trying to think because i don't know the game that well...

i believe when i hit the cap i was in some underground area, apparently looking for some dragon something er rather? i believe it was just before some huge ass fight where literally a bajillion baddies warp in and apparently you are supposed to run away or some such ( wish i knew the that the first time, because it take many tries to win against that army, although ironically the second time i think i still took them out just for spite )

so im not sure where that is specifically but i know it happened before going to hell i believe

Sounds like the end of Chapter 10, what with the underground areas and all. And one more person who hit the cap at Chapter 10 :(, and I can't for the life of me figure out how.

Did you run with a full party or a party of 3-4?

full 6 person group

although, when i start SoD i believe i start with around 190 000 or so XP per character from the take over from BG 1, so that helps

now if i recall there are 2 underground areas? because if it goes to chapter 13 im not sure if i was hitting it by chapter 10, i want to say it was the second "underground" type area, where i believe there were drow or driders...?

although again, i've only played through it fully twice so i just can't remember

ShadowBlazeStummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov
  • ShadowBlazeShadowBlaze Member Posts: 41
    edited June 27
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    full 6 person group

although, when i start SoD i believe i start with around 190 000 or so XP per character from the take over from BG 1, so that helps

now if i recall there are 2 underground areas? because if it goes to chapter 13 im not sure if i was hitting it by chapter 10, i want to say it was the second "underground" type area, where i believe there were drow or driders...?

although again, i've only played through it fully twice so i just can't remember

Yep, the drow area is still Chapter 10, near the end. But I finally figured out my problem.

It seems I have not "handed" over many quests as per my journal. I just loaded my Chapter 10 save and had around 5-6 quests that had been finished but I haven't talked to the person who gave the quest for my final reward. And turns out all of those are "per-character" exp so it totaled around a whopping 40-50k per character for those quests.

Also, fighting some spectacle monsters are more rewarding than others, eg. the Lich option gives around 30k exp in itself with its guardian.

So I am able to now max my charname before jumping into the hell portal :)

SkatanJuliusBorisov
    ah, good to know and see :)

JuliusBorisov