Skip to content

When do you reach the exp cap?

I have finished SoD (Core) the third time with a 6 man party today and still didn't hit the exp cap for my Charname at the end of the game. In my first two runs, I must have missed some quests/choices, but this time I was keeping tabs with 3 separate walkthroughs to ensure I don't miss any quests and exp.

I am reading some posts on how many are able to reach the exp cap with a 6 man party by the end of Chapter 10, but here I am falling short of the cap even after the final battle. The only battle I "skipped" was the Bridgefort Siege (FPS issue) but that accounts for hardly 2k per person.

Am I missing something or is some grinding required with rest spawns etc. to reach the cap? I know that the ToB cap is very hard to reach without doing some scribing/rest grinds. Was wondering whether it is the same for SoD. And could someone share some exp benchmarks for Charname at the start of the chapters?

Mine is as follows -

Chapter 8 - 185k
Chapter 9 - 230k
Chapter 10 - 290k
Chapter 11 - 420k
Chapter 12 - 450k
Chapter 13 (Prison) - 490k
Skatan

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i've only ever had 2 full play throughs of SoD and i hit the cap easily, and the first time i played i did it without a guide

i believe they both happened in and around the same spot im just trying to think because i don't know the game that well...

i believe when i hit the cap i was in some underground area, apparently looking for some dragon something er rather? i believe it was just before some huge ass fight where literally a bajillion baddies warp in and apparently you are supposed to run away or some such ( wish i knew the that the first time, because it take many tries to win against that army, although ironically the second time i think i still took them out just for spite )

so im not sure where that is specifically but i know it happened before going to hell i believe
    StummvonBordwehrShadowBlazeSkatanJuliusBorisov
  • ShadowBlazeShadowBlaze Member Posts: 41
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    i've only ever had 2 full play throughs of SoD and i hit the cap easily, and the first time i played i did it without a guide

i believe they both happened in and around the same spot im just trying to think because i don't know the game that well...

i believe when i hit the cap i was in some underground area, apparently looking for some dragon something er rather? i believe it was just before some huge ass fight where literally a bajillion baddies warp in and apparently you are supposed to run away or some such ( wish i knew the that the first time, because it take many tries to win against that army, although ironically the second time i think i still took them out just for spite )

so im not sure where that is specifically but i know it happened before going to hell i believe

Sounds like the end of Chapter 10, what with the underground areas and all. And one more person who hit the cap at Chapter 10 :(, and I can't for the life of me figure out how.

Did you run with a full party or a party of 3-4?
    full 6 person group

although, when i start SoD i believe i start with around 190 000 or so XP per character from the take over from BG 1, so that helps

now if i recall there are 2 underground areas? because if it goes to chapter 13 im not sure if i was hitting it by chapter 10, i want to say it was the second "underground" type area, where i believe there were drow or driders...?

although again, i've only played through it fully twice so i just can't remember
    ShadowBlazeStummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov
  • ShadowBlazeShadowBlaze Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2021
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    full 6 person group

although, when i start SoD i believe i start with around 190 000 or so XP per character from the take over from BG 1, so that helps

now if i recall there are 2 underground areas? because if it goes to chapter 13 im not sure if i was hitting it by chapter 10, i want to say it was the second "underground" type area, where i believe there were drow or driders...?

although again, i've only played through it fully twice so i just can't remember

Yep, the drow area is still Chapter 10, near the end. But I finally figured out my problem.

It seems I have not "handed" over many quests as per my journal. I just loaded my Chapter 10 save and had around 5-6 quests that had been finished but I haven't talked to the person who gave the quest for my final reward. And turns out all of those are "per-character" exp so it totaled around a whopping 40-50k per character for those quests.

Also, fighting some spectacle monsters are more rewarding than others, eg. the Lich option gives around 30k exp in itself with its guardian.

So I am able to now max my charname before jumping into the hell portal :)
    SkatanJuliusBorisov
    ah, good to know and see :)
    JuliusBorisov