Skip to content

2.6 patch Sarevok coronation bug - wont complete

Been playing solo with a barbarian. All major quest completed but no durlag tower, mage or werewolf island. Get sarevoks diary and other items, enter the Ducal Palace no problems. Cut scene plays out, fight starts with Greater Dopplegangers, prevented the death of both Grand Dukes Belt and Liia Jannath. Short cut scene, then fight with Sarevok starts again, everything seems normal.

Winski Perorate turns up; this is were things go awry. First attempt he appeared teleported Sarevok but did leave himself. Couldn't be damaged or interacted with. Reload. Same outcome. Third attempt, Sarevok and Wnski teleport out, but none of the dukes can be spoken to.

Travelled to the thieves guild, but the stairs inside arn't active. I tried moving locations with the console. Which moved me and had normal encounters there, but on entering the temple of bhaal - NO SEREVOK.

What to do? If I add him with console will I get the solo achievement? Will his helpers spawn as well? Should I just keep trying the coronation in the hope it plays out correctly?

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Do you have mods installed? BG:EE or BG:SoD?
    I asume support will ask you to post a savegame right before the palace scene.
  • barker262barker262 Member Posts: 74
    I have quite a few mods to be fair but never had a problem til now.

Currently in BG ee I've got: TeamBG's Armors for BG:EE
    TeamBG's Weapons Pack for BG:EE
    Deidre and Joluv in BG:EE (still don't know what this does, never seen them)
    KLATU tweaks
    The BG1 NPC Project
    CDTWEAKS
    SCS 33.2
    Alchemist Kit for Mages: 1.1
    IWD Arcane Spell Pack: Beta 6
    IWD Divine Spell Pack: Beta 6
    Aura NPC for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

I did manage to get through it last night. By control y or whatever the key combination is to kill a character on screen instantly. What seems to happen; I noticed that some of the dopplegangers needed to be killed twice. Seems that the same thing happened with Winski. Teleports in with two of him transposed on top of eachother. So when one leaves taking Serevok with him, the twin stays. not doing anything, because he has nothing to do. Can't be attacked, wont speak. So I killed him with the console cheat, spoke to the dukes and back to normal. Maze stairs available and Serevok in his temple. Killed him off and end credits. Yay.
    Still it's an interesting bug, be nice to know someone else had it.
  • blind_riserblind_riser Member Posts: 2
    I also have the same bug currently. I have SCS as well with the new 2.6 patch, I suspect that might be the issue. I ctrl+y'd the Winski duplicate after the fight having killed all the doppelgangers, but the dukes still won't talk to me. Should I ctrl+ y it before, just as he leaves? Damn annoying bug :(
  • blind_riserblind_riser Member Posts: 2
    Nevermind. In my 10th try now, it has worked. This time, Sarevok initiated a talk with my main char just as he was teleported away. I ctrl+y'd the Winski clone afterwards, and then Belt talked to me. Very strange indeed...
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    The coronation scene was rescripted in parts in v2.6. It's well possible it's a mod interfering (assuming that a game bug would have been detected in time). I know that I had to adjust my EndlessBG1 mod or the Dukes would have gone hostile after returning from killing Sarevok (which is not the wanted behavior).
  • barker262barker262 Member Posts: 74
    I also have the same bug currently. I have SCS as well with the new 2.6 patch, I suspect that might be the issue. I ctrl+y'd the Winski duplicate after the fight having killed all the doppelgangers, but the dukes still won't talk to me. Should I ctrl+ y it before, just as he leaves? Damn annoying bug :(

Nice to see that I could help someone with a bug out, without knowing anthing about modding.
  • docbearddocbeard Member Posts: 10
    I've run into the same thing just now, also with a number of mods installed (including SCS). Reloading and repeating the doppelganger fight til the last dialogue with Sarevok triggered (I made sure my PC was up in his face so he could see me, maybe that made a difference) and then CTRL-Ying Winski seemed to fix it. I poked around a bit in NearInfinity but I am by no means an expert and didn't really come to any conclusions.
  • redmage123redmage123 Member Posts: 25
    I've hit this bug as well. Nothing I do seems to work. Many of the times, both Dukes disappear and I can no longer find them. If I do find them, they have nothing to say to me. I've tried running this with various permutations, including just ctrl-ying all the enemies, ctrl-ying winski, ctrl-ying sarevok, etc. No combination seems to get me past the battle.

I'm running the latest BG:EE (2.6 patch). I'm also running the latest SCS, so I suspect that there's a conflict there. Anybody else got any suggestions?
  • SourSour Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2021
    I don't know if this will help anyone or not but I think the problem is that Winski needs to teleport away and if you interrupt him by hitting him it causes an invincible double of Winski to appear but then the old version of him teleports away and the invincible version stays instead of teleporting away which locks up the games scripting.

When Winski teleports in, make sure you don't attack him and let him leave. That should keep the invincible double that doesn't teleport away from appearing. That worked for me.
    That doesn't work for me. It always works out the same in the end. The double appears and I cannot talk to either Belt or Jannath (Usually if Belt is alive, Jannath disappears completely).

• ShankShank Member Posts: 5
    In my install, this seems to be caused by the SCS component Improved Final Battle, specifically the sarevok.bcs spawns a redundant Winski. I was able to get the ducal palace scene working normally by removing that block from the script, but I couldn't say whether doing so breaks anything else or not.
    tl1942
    Do you know how to remove the Improved Final Battle part from a currently running game?
  • ShankShank Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2021
    You could run the scs setup again and uninstall the component, but I'm not certain if that'll cause bugs in an existing save or not, sorry. It's also possible you have other mods installed that affect that part of the game, I was testing with just scs.
    I re-ran the SCS setup and disabled the Improved Final Battle and that fixed it. Thanks
  • unknownunknown Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2021
    I just ran into this bug as well, one workaround I found was to clua in a new sarevok...

C:CreateCreature("Sarevo")

The new Sarevok is non-hostile, just talk to him and his exit dialogue plays. Then Belt does his teleport chat.
    tl1942
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    @unknown Thanks for the fix! The SCS final battle with Sarevok is simply a must-have for me.