Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Categories

Attention, Beamdog forum-goers!📢Starting on November 8, our forums will be unavailable for a few weeks while we migrate to a self-hosted site.

Check out the full announcement for more information on forum features, data transfer, and 3rd party OAuth:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/83099/beamdog-forum-migration

[MOD] Test Your Mettle!

124»

Comments

• LadonLadon Member Posts: 17
    I've finished the mod.
    What's the fiendish seal for ?

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,131
    Ladon wrote: »
    What's the fiendish seal for ?

The seal acts as a key to access the container in the "boss" room. It's not needed anymore afterwards.

• LadonLadon Member Posts: 17
    Alright ! Anyway, it was a very enjoyable experience.

I've got two other questions.
    - Is it intended that when you reload a save in the maze, the room is (randomly) filled again with creatures ?
    - I'm trying to make a mod where you can "talk" to an item, just like you did with the cube. I guess the deck of many things also work like that. I looked at it with NearInfinity, but I can't find how to do that. Is it complicated ? How did you do it ?

edited July 7
    Ladon wrote: »
    I've got two other questions.
    - Is it intended that when you reload a save in the maze, the room is (randomly) filled again with creatures ?
    This, as well as the autosave generation when leaving a map, is an (undesired but acceptable) side effect of how these areas are coded. The maps aren't stored in savegames, so they will always reset when you load a save or enter the map through an area transition.

- I'm trying to make a mod where you can "talk" to an item, just like you did with the cube. I guess the deck of many things also work like that. I looked at it with NearInfinity, but I can't find how to do that. Is it complicated ? How did you do it ?
    Conversable items have to be added to the itemdial.2da file, so that the game engine can associate the item with a dialog file. Apart from that you have to set the "Conversable" flag on the item and create the dialog file.

One example for a talking item is the sword Lilarcor. However, the Deck of Many Things uses a different mechanism to trigger the dialog.

New release: Test Your Mettle! v1.4

This release provides several improvements and fixes a couple of bugs and compatibility issues with EE patch 2.6. Moreover, it is now possible to install the spell "Spacewarp" independently from the main component.

Full changelog:
    • Added labels for Project Infinity.
    • Added areas to the game's debug console.
    • Added compatibility with the "Imoen 4 Ever" mod.
    • Added option for sorcerers to learn the Spacewarp spell.
    • Changed availability of the Spacewarp spell in stores.
    • Component "Make 'Spacewarp' available to stores" can be installed independently from the main component.
    • Modron director gives more specific directions where to find the boss of the maze.
    • Fixed a problematic 'call for help' function in modron combat scripts which also affected certain summoned creatures.
    • Fixed a compatibility issue with a visual effect caused by EE patch 2.6.
    • Fixed a missing variable when choosing the "bad ending" of the quest.
    • Fixed various minor combat script issues.

ALIEN
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 790
    edited July 9
    Is 1.4 still 2.5 compatible?

Thankee!

Endarire wrote: »
    Is 1.4 still 2.5 compatible?

Thankee!

Yes, it is. The mod should work with any EE version since patch 2.0.