Skip to content

[BG:EE] Chase and his diamond

AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
edited July 2021 in Troubleshooting
In classic BG, suicidal chap Chase in the first wilderness area straight out of Candlekeep reveals—through one of the dialog options—the he's trying to commit suicide because he lost a diamond:

cgOPSe2.png

This is a direct reference to the diamond hidden in the tree trunk in the same area; a way to nudge the player toward the easter egg.

This line of dialog never appears in BG:EE, no matter how you respond to Chase. I was wondering why that is the case?

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    The nobleman on the second floor of the Friendly Arm Inn also has had his initial dialog shortened in the Enhanced Editions, thus removing his hint about the Ring of Wizardry hidden in the area surrounding the inn:

iFRSdEk.png

These hints were clearly very much intended in the classics, so I can't but wonder as to the reason for their removal in the Enhanced Editions.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Heya! This hasn't been part of the vanilla content. Maybe a mod? Eg. Unfinished Business, or something else.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited July 2021
    Yeah, I own copies of the original games for comparing references. I looked this up in NI and the dialogs appear the same there as they do in the EE's. This must be from a mod or something.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Thank you for checking this, guys.

I must indeed be a mod, probably UB as I can't think of another that could do this.