buy potions and,
KILL THE PRIEST OF OGHMA.

Kill Firebead and get 2.700 XP
Good, now you are level 2.

Talk to Gorion.

IMOEN is now level 2.
XZAR is level 2. Not Montaron.
She doesn't have her wand anymore.
You have plenty of gold + stuff from Firebead and potions.

***THE FUNNY THING IS.
I WAS ABSOLUTELY LAMING WHEN DOING THAT.
But I know that sooooo many people when creating a new character.
Well, some of them enjoy fighter or elf.
Those STR, DEX, CON stats...
those proficiencies...
Most players have.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if you have imoen join your team when your character is pass level 1, then she will come by with her "level 2" self and her level 2 self does not have the extra potions and wand

and if i'm not mistaken ( unless the recent patch fixed it ) when you get the level 2 version of imoen she will not catch up to your team in XP if you have more than 2000 XP ( like all the other joinable companions do )

also, watch out for reputation, if your reputation hits below 6 ( 5 or lower ) every time you enter a new area there will be a % chance that a group of flaming fist mercenaries will come by to take you out, and for a low level/ not so greatly equipped character, they can certainly be rough
  • ROLLROLLROLLROLLROLLROLL Member Posts: 21
    ja, ja, ja

i know all of it.
    my only point is: I never realize how much bows are over-powered.

STR: 18
    DEX: 19

are very common stats for many players...
    18/++ , for exemple is an ogre strength.

People putting their character with low intelligence make me laugh too.
    For the point: Kobold have 9 INT.
    Everything under this mark should be prevent by the game when rolling stats.
    yup, since day 1, ranged weapons have been super strong in BG 1, that is why in BG 2 they were toned down a bit to balance them out

and even if you weren't allowed to go below 9 in a stat, if someone rolled a 92, that is enough to have x2 10s and x4 18s, so it would be irrelevant how low you can make a stat go

plus you wouldn't want to have a low INT, especially if you plan on going melee in BG 2 since mind flayers will kill you out right extremely quickly
    That's crazy.

At the very start of the game; you can create: A mage, a thief, a cleric, a paladin, a bard, whatever you want...If you try to set Candlekeep in fire and kill everyone, you will last a few minutes. Maybe, melee with one watcher and OK. He will die. Then it's over. Same if you are a magic user.

But if you create, a fighter.
    STR: 18
    DEX: 18 (or 19 if Elf)

and use bow (let's say composite), then without potions, 5 minutes after you start playing the game, it is absolutely possible to get rid of 4 or 5 watchers + Oghma priest + Firebead.

Using a bow in this game IS CHEATING.

Gibberlings, Wolf, Hobgoblins, Xvarts, Kobolds, Ghasts, Ghouls, Spiders, Gnoll...
    are the only ennemies you are likely to fight from Candlekeep to Friendly Arm, and then to Nashkel Mines.

By this time, without melee. From long range only. You'll be level 3 or 4. With or without party.

Oh and after that ? Even more proficiencies to put in bow !
    +

you'll find sooo fast Bracers of Archery , and Arrows +1, +2 are easy found and easy loot.
    Cheap by the way. And still at the beginning of the game.
    you have to be careful though in candlekeep, i believe if you kill anyone outside gorion or tethoril will one shot you with a lightning bolt
    I'VE REACH LEVEL 4 IN PROLOGUE CANDLEKEEP

Everyone is dead, except Gorion and Thethoril.

-All watchers.
    +
    watchers that you make appears when caught during stealing the reader's potion.
    and watchers appearing upstairs the inn after unlock the chest.
    -All outside watchers.
    -Firebead Elvenhair.
    -Dreppin.
    -Hull.
    -Phlydia.
    -Oghma priest.
    -All 5 voices and chanter. (East, North, West, South)
    -Imoen.
    -All readers / tutors.
    -Jondalar.
    -Erik.
    -Parda.
    -Fuller in barracks, and another watcher.
    -Reevor.
    -Carbos.
    -Shank.
    -Gatewarden.

Unfortunately, I was running out of arrows. Impossible to try Thethoril then.
    Tried with long sword. Because two proficiencies in it.
    Just as composite long bow.

Well, glad to know LEVEL 4 is reachable now.
    BOWS ARE OVERPOWERED. THEN I KNOW FOREVER.
    Total: 8996 XP
    40 HP.

If I've done the few quests like Hull's sword, rats, book before I started the massacre, then close to 9.500-10.000 XP is reachable.
    Thethoril = 981 HP (5.000 XP)
    Gorion = 290 HP (4.000 XP)

:)
    FenrirWolfganger
    that is very strange, i just tried this, and while you can kill lots of folks and soon as tethoril or gorion gets hostile they insta-gib me, in fact gorion seems to go hostile almost right away when you kill tutors or anyone outside and when tethoril was close to me i just instantly died

so while this may be an interesting way to start the game at a higher level, it's impossible to get out of candlekeep no?
    Exactly.
    As Gorion remain in his position, as long as you are not on sight, he's not a danger.
    But he insta-kill me when I was at "spell range".

Same as Thethoril. Only difference; he's walking from place to place in the garden. But, as soon as he can, the lightning is fatal.

Otherwise, LEVEL 4 and destroy everyone is ok.
    But ay, leaving Candlekeep is not an option anymore.
    sarevok57
  • OlderThan13YearsOlderThan13Years Member Posts: 79
    If you start with a sorcerer you can reach max. level by
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    you have to be careful though in candlekeep, i believe if you kill anyone outside gorion or tethoril will one shot you with a lightning bolt

True, you would need a spellcaster with a charm spell to calm him down. Btw. I think even reaching max. level is possible by sleeping in the yard, which will attract more guards.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    If you somehow obtained Minor Spell Turning in the prologue, you could reflect Tethtoril's lightning back at him, killing him instantly!

tivxo9j6kmul.bmp
    OlderThan13YearsSkatansarevok57Zaxares
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    Would it be possible to charm/dominate Gorion and get him to leave with you? You’d need a spellcaster for this probably though...

I use this trick when I’ve accidentally made someone hostile who I need to push the game forward.